Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zeltbahn Issue

Article about: Gents If ref to Zeltbahns, when they were first issued to guys did they come with pegs and poles or is that a separate issue? With the poles is it three poles 4 poles? The pegs, steel, Bakel

Default Zeltbahn Issue

Gents

If ref to Zeltbahns, when they were first issued to guys did they come with pegs and poles or is that a separate issue? With the poles is it three poles 4 poles? The pegs, steel, Bakelite? I presume each material used at differing stages of the war?

Cheers
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Zeltbahn Issue
    P
    Many

The Zeltbahn Ausrüstung pre-dates the war. I don't have the exact time frame but someone here should be able to fill you in. To my knowledge, the content is reflected in this photo. There is a bag, one pole, one rope and two stakes comprising one quarter of a four man Zeltbahn. Stakes were issued in several compositions over time including metal and bakelite. Others will have more details. Photo is from my collection. Neil

Zeltbahn Issue

Just a suggestion - but Tom should chime in. His knowledge of the subject is deep. Neil
    Last edited by Neil Hever; 08-14-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks Neil
    Ben

Hello,
    The Zeltausrüstung 31 included a Zeltbahn 31, a Zeltleine 1892 (tent rope), a Zeltstock 1901 (tent pole) and two Zeltpföcken 1929 (tent pegs). The cloth bag has never been general issue during WWII, it has been mainly used within the Kavallerie and its use decreased with the years. The adoption text of 1932 says that the tent rope must be black, but white ones were also issued. Tent pegs were first made in aluminium prewar and in steel and in bakelite during wartime.
    Thanks

Zeltbahn Issue

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

well that was a great history lesson.

Well done comments. You could forego the bag as these items were often rolled into the Zeltbahn itself. I will note that my Zelt bag has an RB number stamped on it. This would indicate that it was manufactured well into the war time period - perhaps in 1943. I can post a photo if there is interest. Neil

?

yes, please post a photo of it, thanks, toot.

Photo of Zelt bag with RB number.

Zeltbahn Issue

?

Hello Gents!

I've just received my very first "Zeltzubehörtasche" with it's contents.

Let's see what it is, and the questions about it:

1. The bag is made from a breadbag type of brown-ish canvas. On it's lid has a marking: "I.E.W. Hollgardt A.-G., Königsberg Pr." under this marking also has an almost unreadable marking in a rectangle with red-ish color - as I can see, it is probably "DRP". No year of manufacture.
    Bag has the 4 holes Zinc buttons.

2. The rope is black, 2 meters long, 4 mm thick, and has a 4 cm "long" loop on each side - - it looks okay as it can be originally.

3. It has 3 piece of poles. The poles are 37,5 cm long. No marking or date, only a "Z" with pencil all on the 3 poles - - it's okay too.

4. It has 3 wooden stakes. The stakes are 26,5cm long. No marking or date, only a "Z" with pencil all on the 3 stakes - - it's okay too.

Questions:
    1. Has anyone met this marking "I.E.W. Hollgardt A.G. Königsberg Pr." elsewhere? I didn't find it at all, just the Königsberg word on a WW1 german Zeltbahn.

2. We all know how many pieces were originally in a set / soldier. Why then 3 piece of each?! The condition are identical with eachother, so it was all together all time.

3. Can it be WW2 era, or pre-war Political / Paramilitary used? Any ideas on my set?

I must admit, that's a strange one for me, but no doubt in it's originality. What are you think about this set?

Zeltbahn IssueZeltbahn IssueZeltbahn IssueZeltbahn IssueZeltbahn Issue
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zeltbahn Issue   Zeltbahn Issue  

Zeltbahn Issue   Zeltbahn Issue  

Zeltbahn Issue   Zeltbahn Issue  

Last edited by xedos6; 09-30-2020 at 08:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast