Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

30,5 cm Skoda Morter Model

Article about: Hello, Here's something I picked up recently from a family who was stationed in Germany right after WW2 ended. The father was involved with getting the government set up again in Germany aft

Default 30,5 cm Skoda Morter Model

Hello,

Here's something I picked up recently from a family who was stationed in Germany right after WW2 ended. The father was involved with getting the government set up again in Germany after hostilities ended.

This is a scale model of the Austro-Hungarian 30.5 centimeter Morser/Morter, made by the Skoda Works Factory in what is now the Czech Republic. Apparently the German's also used this type of mortar as well.

I placed a quarter in some of the photos to give an idea of the size. The marble base and mortar are heavy. The mortar & marble base weighs in at about 17 pounds. I cleaned some of the dust off it, and see it is still very dusty, and needs a good cleaning to remove the dust.

When I lived in Prague for about a year, I saw one of these mounted on a granite "mountain" for sale early one Friday morning at the famous Buštěhrad Collector Market. Now I finally have one!

Best Regards,

Alan

30,5 cm Skoda Morter Model30,5 cm Skoda Morter Model30,5 cm Skoda Morter Model30,5 cm Skoda Morter Model

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 30,5 cm Skoda Morter Model
    P
    Many

That is a very neat piece.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi Greg,

Many thanks, I appreciate it!

Best Regards,

Alan

Great looking model, lovely detail. Makes me wonder why these models were made, "sales sample/souvenir" to leave with the Army Ministry as the deal is closed perhaps.

I probably would have bought it if I saw it also. It's just about the right scale
    to sit next to this----
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 30,5 cm Skoda Morter Model  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

That is an awesome piece Alan. Exactly the unique type of item that I would be all over if I saw one. Congrats!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That is a super cool truck and bomb Greg, thanks for sharing it with us!

Thanks for your nice comments gentlemen, I appreciate it!

By member Anderson:
    Makes me wonder why these models were made, "sales sample/souvenir" to leave with the Army Ministry as the deal is closed perhaps.
    Excellent question! It's my understanding that these were made and presented to War Bond purchasers in the Austro-Hungarian Empire. I would guesstimate that they were probably only presented to a select group of wealthy individuals who purchased a large sum of war bonds, and not everyone would get one who bought a war bond.

Best Regards,

Alan

A truly fantastic model. I have a large model of a WW1 9.2 inch howitzer made by an apprentice, but the detail on mine is nowhere near as good as yours!

?

Thats a fantastic model Alan. Rob