Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Binoculars with unit markings?

Article about: Hello I picked up these binoculars not long ago and although the are well worn they still work brilliantly., crisp and clear. I only later noticed some markings inscribed on them. Guessing t

Default Binoculars with unit markings?

Hello
    I picked up these binoculars not long ago and although the are well worn they still work brilliantly, crisp and clear.
    I only later noticed some markings inscribed on them.
    Guessing they are the unit / regiment? Can anyone please tell me any info or where I can get some.
    Would love to know more of the story if I can

Cheers
    Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Binoculars with unit markings?   Binoculars with unit markings?  

Binoculars with unit markings?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Binoculars with unit markings?
    P
    Many

?

82R7 would stand for - 2. Kurhessisches Infanterie-Regt. Nr.82 (Göttingen) XI Armee Korps, 7th company. But I've never seen marking applied like that, it maybe done because they couldn't find a flat area to stamp. I

Hey thank you for the info.
    I think you're correct, finding room could be the problem.
    Attached is a pair with similar placement.

Cheers
    Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Binoculars with unit markings?  

?

Can't make out what is marked on this set. Now I have to go and check the ones I have to see if they are marked.

Sorry, last photo was from opposite side, here is a better photo showing similar placement of markings .
    RIR212

(Photo from Kaisercross FB page) hope it's ok to use as a reference.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Binoculars with unit markings?  

?

This is what I meant, this pair the markings are stamped, the first part look to be done with an electric pencil. I've seen helmets marked by hand, but never any equipment. I'm not saying it is wrong, just never saw it before.