Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Erkennungsmarken - named - 4 Ers Batt Fd Artl 55 and LMK N195

Article about: a named ID disk that has a few terms on it that I would appreciate translation. Name and address I believe with unit info but then the bottom half of disk also has information on it and the

Default Erkennungsmarken - named - 4 Ers Batt Fd Artl 55 and LMK N195

a named ID disk that has a few terms on it that I would appreciate translation. Name and address I believe with unit info but then the bottom half of disk also has information on it and the disk is not one to split in half. Could this be a reassignment to a different unit or are they related?

Willi Weissbach
    Trahsdorf. 20.11.90

4 Ers.Batt.Fd.Artt. 55

1 or L FD. ARTIL.R. 4. II A
    L.M.K.N.195
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erkennungsmarken - named - 4 Ers Batt Fd Artl 55 and LMK N195   Erkennungsmarken - named - 4 Ers Batt Fd Artl 55 and LMK N195  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erkennungsmarken - named - 4 Ers Batt Fd Artl 55 and LMK N195
    P
    Many

This is a 1915 pattern erkennungsmarke. I couldn't find him as a casualty on the lists although he may be listed on the Volksbund site - no date of birth but Kanonier Weissbach was killed on 2nd November 1917 and buried at Menen in Flanders.

The two units refer firstly to the initial unit he was raised in (locally recruited into) and the lower unit being the one he was transferred into the field. His personal roll number in this unit being 195.

thank you -
    Is that a 1 MK or an L MK and is it a 1 FD or L FD? Looks like the continuation for an L but could also be a light mark of what is used to align the text when impressing disk.