Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M1874 e-tool, please help with the cover

Article about: Hello! I reckon this in my possession is an M1874 shovel, "IDEAL" mark, in good condition it seems, I can't figure out the cover, is it possible those rivets were added when repurp

?

Default M1874 e-tool, please help with the cover

Hello! I reckon this in my possession is an M1874 shovel, "IDEAL" mark, in good condition it seems, I can't figure out the cover, is it possible those rivets were added when repurposing it for ww2? No markings that I could find on the cover, some faint numbers on the back (maybe). Please feel free to correct me on anything, thank you!M1874 e-tool, please help with the coverM1874 e-tool, please help with the cover M1874 e-tool, please help with the coverM1874 e-tool, please help with the coverM1874 e-tool, please help with the coverM1874 e-tool, please help with the cover

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1874 e-tool, please help with the cover
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Just a bump to see if anyone has info

Nice looking tool. But not something I know about
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you!

Quote by JiiR View Post
    Thank you!
    Spades and covers are always a bit tricky as there are so many types from all countries that fought in the Great War, and of those examples many are very similar. Not having any markings does make things a little more challenging. The cover does not strike me as Imperial German equipment, however I have seen some Austrian examples with similar rivets, so that may be a place to start some online investigation. Bearing in mind WW1 and WW2 covers are also similar. Sorry I can’t be of any further assistance.

Andy

MAP
    ?

This probably will not help, but here is an old thread on etools, mostly German WW2

Military Entrenching Tools and Shovels
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)