Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help!!! German ammo pouch calvalry? Many marks to identify!!!

Article about: Hello, I have several questions about this German ammunition pouch from the First World War. My first question is that if I'm not mistaken, it's cavalry, since it has a capacity for 30 cartr

Default Need Help!!! German ammo pouch calvalry? Many marks to identify!!!

Hello, I have several questions about this German ammunition pouch from the First World War. My first question is that if I'm not mistaken, it's cavalry, since it has a capacity for 30 cartridges, although I'm not sure, I hope the photos help you. It is marked on the back by the manufacturer Aeolus-Werke of Witzenhausen and the year, 1918. The back is brown leather and the front is dyed black. The rivets, as befits the time, are not brass and are in excellent condition. It has interior leather straps on the bags and many markings. Here comes my great ignorance. In one of the left pockets it says FA3, Kf3, I.I. and a 3K, which I have a feeling appears on every bag. On the right bag there is an ink stamp in which K.R.A.G. and another line of ink below that I don't quite understand. And also a brand in which wall to put GAK?. It also has some kind of inscription possibly made by the owner. It will not refer to KRAG rifle ammunition, in a possible post-war use. And in the one on the right, 3K appears again. I hope that some expert can tell me what the marks mean, also based on the photos. Greetings to all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help!!! German ammo pouch calvalry? Many marks to identify!!!   Need Help!!! German ammo pouch calvalry? Many marks to identify!!!  

Need Help!!! German ammo pouch calvalry? Many marks to identify!!!   Need Help!!! German ammo pouch calvalry? Many marks to identify!!!  

Need Help!!! German ammo pouch calvalry? Many marks to identify!!!   Need Help!!! German ammo pouch calvalry? Many marks to identify!!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help!!! German ammo pouch calvalry? Many marks to identify!!!
    P
    Many

Looking at the ink stamp, maybe it could also be K.R.L.G. And the acronyms marked are G.r.K.I. I am very lost.
    Need Help!!! German ammo pouch calvalry? Many marks to identify!!!
    Last edited by juanjo67; 06-23-2022 at 10:19 AM.

?

It is probably K.B.A.G (kriegs bekleidungs ampt der garde), surmounting the acceptance date (which appears to be 1919, though I am unsure of this). It seems to have been over-stamped with another date.

3K would suggest 3. Kompanie, possibly of Feld Artillerie Regt. 3.

Thanks for the information, it's always good to find people with more knowledge. I'm still investigating...

Well, I've been looking at the RBAG year stamp, and it sounds like 1918, but I'm not sure either. The top of the first 9 is different from the last. In addition, the GardeKorps was dissolved in 1919. All this is speculation. I'm still investigating.

Well, from what I've researched so far, this holster belonged to the Garde Train-Abteilung. The acronyms marked under the ink on the central cartridge belt I have not yet been able to identify them. Once the war ended, in 1920, it became 1. und 2./ 3. (Preußische) Fahr-Abteilung, hence the marking FA3, which was crossed out, when it became in 1935 1./ Kraftfahr Abetilung 3, with the marking Kf.3. Later, in 1939, became the Kraftfahr-Ersatz-Abteilung 3, of the Wehrmacht. Hope it helps others in the future. The acronyms that I have not identified seem to put Gr.K. and another letter that I am not able to distinguish, it could be a T. Keep investigating. All the best. Excuse my english.