Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Esko Kausti Mannerheim cross holder items sold 60k €

Article about: I used translator and fixed obvious grammar mistakes. News link here. "The ensemble of the Mannerheim Cross, the second class of the Knight of the Cross of Mannerheim Esko Kausti, has b

Default Esko Kausti Mannerheim cross holder items sold 60k €

I used translator and fixed obvious grammar mistakes. News link here.

"The ensemble of the Mannerheim Cross, the second class of the Knight of the Cross of Mannerheim Esko Kausti, has been sold at Eerik's Auction House on March 21. At the Grand Spring Auction live auction for a hammer price of € 60,000. There were several shouters of the unique ensemble. The price ended up exceptionally high compared to the forecast.

The cross was awarded to Kausti posthumously in 1944. The ensemble also included the knight's uniform with its insignia and award documents. The site also included numerous photographs and Kausti’s personal material."

Esko Kausti Mannerheim cross holder items sold 60k €
    Esko Kausti Mannerheim cross holder items sold 60k € Esko Kausti Mannerheim cross holder items sold 60k € Esko Kausti Mannerheim cross holder items sold 60k € Esko Kausti Mannerheim cross holder items sold 60k €

"The estimated price of the whole was estimated at € 30,000 - € 50,000. However, the price got higher, presumably due to the exceptional wholeness of the set. A similar entity has not previously been sold at auction. A total of 191 Mannerheim crosses have been awarded in the second category."

Esko Kausti was anti-tank squadron leader, 24th anti-tank company of 5th Ilves Division (24.TykK/5.D), MR cross holder number 136.

Reasons for awarding the cross:

On first July 1.7.44, the Commander-in-Chief Mannerheim has appointed Lieutenant Esko Kaustin as the Knight of the Mannerheim Cross of the 2nd Class of the Cross of Liberty.

Lieutenant Kausti has proven to be an excellent anti-tank officer throughout the war. During the current defensive battle of [Syväri-Sammatus], summer offensive 1944, he has destroyed 26 enemy heavy tanks in two days in with troops under his command. In all battles, Lieutenant Kausti has personally participated in the destruction of tanks, both by cannon shooting and by means of close combat. In this role, he also achieved the death of a hero on June 24. while destroying the armor stopped in front of battlefront.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Esko Kausti Mannerheim cross holder items sold 60k €
    P
    Many

?

I didn't see this one, sounds like a fair price.
    So many auction houses Fin and World, im only following couple ones.
    "destroyed 26 enemy heavy tanks in two days" That's one tank every 2 hours, busy times...

Those brotherhood-in-arms badges in officer belt are interesting. Had to research them.

The top first is "Reserve officer union"
    Top second is "Fifth Ilves (lynx) Division"
    Top third is "24th Anti-tank company" quite rare
    Top bottom is "Ladoga coastal brigade"

An incredible lot with amazing history

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem