Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish Infantry Lieutenant Tunic 1941 dated

Article about: Hi all After a long time on this forum and not posting much from my collection whilst I had the opportunity the other day I decided to get a few photos. This is a 1941 dated, stamped "I

Default Finnish Infantry Lieutenant Tunic 1941 dated

Hi all

After a long time on this forum and not posting much from my collection whilst I had the opportunity the other day I decided to get a few photos.

This is a 1941 dated, stamped "INT 41", Finnish Infantry Lieutenants tunic. This came with a lot of other items, including the M38 helmet posted in another thread. It has a few moth nips in places but for the most part is in clean condition. It has been dressed up with a Helsinki Suunto compass, the winter war medal and a more modern Finnish Puukko knife. The previous seller stated that this had been previously on a mueseum display but I have kept everything together.

I hope you all enjoy,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Infantry Lieutenant Tunic 1941 dated   Finnish Infantry Lieutenant Tunic 1941 dated  

Finnish Infantry Lieutenant Tunic 1941 dated   Finnish Infantry Lieutenant Tunic 1941 dated  

Finnish Infantry Lieutenant Tunic 1941 dated   Finnish Infantry Lieutenant Tunic 1941 dated  

Finnish Infantry Lieutenant Tunic 1941 dated  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish Infantry Lieutenant Tunic 1941 dated
    P
    Many

Quite standard diagonal cloth for officer / nco tunic, but in wery nice condition.
    1941 made tunics are still better quality cloth made, materials for masses became worse after that 1942->

Suunto compass have been depot-repaired at some time. It has aluminium ring, new needle + new glass with better contrast, after-war parts. Those parts have been replaced / repaired.
    It has "Weapon depot 3" stamp on it, pre-war or wartime manufactured frame.

Hi, very interesting, thank you. There's minimal I could find online about Finnish militaria in the UK so I appreciate the information about the repairs.

Good looking tunic
    -TJ-