Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish m18 NCO Kepi

Article about: Hello! Haven't posted much on these forums but now I've acquired something I really want to show to all of you. I collect Finnish visor caps and kepis and as such one of my all time greatest

Default Finnish m18 NCO Kepi

Hello!

Haven't posted much on these forums but now I've acquired something I really want to show to all of you. I collect Finnish visor caps and kepis and as such one of my all time greatest dreams was to get a Finnish m/18 kepi. The model in question was introduced late during the WW1 right after the Finnish civil war had ended. It never gained a lot of popularity and thus was in use for under a year making it extremely rare. To this day I only know of two kepis of this model that have survived to this day. The other being the one I recently managed to buy. I've had a repro made of the officers' version of the m/18 kepi and for a long time I thought that was as far I'd ever get to a real deal but a couple weeks back I got extremely lucky when the NCO version of the kepi was listed to a local auction site. It's salty beyond belief but I love it nonetheless. The last picture is the other m/18 kepi I know of for comparison, also NCO version.

Finnish m18 NCO Kepi

Finnish m18 NCO Kepi

Finnish m18 NCO Kepi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish m18 NCO Kepi
    P
    Many

That's a Very Rare piece of Head dress well done on finding one

This "colourless" version existence is new info for me. I have only ever seen that brown color rimmed version once. Superb find!