Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish Radio Operator/Air Gunner Badge

Article about: Looking to get some insights on this Finnish RO/AG Badge. It looks good to me but I'd like to get a second opinion. Thank you Tobias

?

Default Finnish Radio Operator/Air Gunner Badge

Looking to get some insights on this Finnish RO/AG Badge.

It looks good to me but I'd like to get a second opinion.

Thank you

Tobias

Finnish Radio Operator/Air Gunner BadgeFinnish Radio Operator/Air Gunner Badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish Radio Operator/Air Gunner Badge
    P
    Many

?

Tobias, that's a very appealing badge. I hope it's a good one, it will look great in your Air War collection
    Regards, Al

?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Tobias, that's a very appealing badge. I hope it's a good one, it will look great in your Air War collection
    I really hope it's a good one aswell. Comparing it to known good ones I see no issues with it.

I've placed a bid on it and if it turns out to be good It'll undoubtedly be one of the rarest badges I'll ever own!

Tobias

?

Attached are two scans from the book Suomen Kunniamerkit by Jani Tiainen concerning this badge. I've also read the story on finnish militaria messageboards. Basically a finnish dealer bought the remaining stock of badge parts from the manufacturers storage and assembled complete badges. I think the one you are bidding on is one of these unissued, assembled badges, as the center hasn't been correctly riveted, but is rather hanging on by the bent pins. You can see the same thing comparing the rivets on the picture of the genuine issued badge, versus the copy in the book.

EDIT: Okay, cannot figure out how to the pictures uploaded in decent quality, here they should be in readable format:
    https://imgur.com/a/C9jKQjr

------------------------------------------------------
    Attachment 1682850
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish Radio Operator/Air Gunner Badge  

?

Quote by Konna View Post
    Attached are two scans from the book Suomen Kunniamerkit by Jani Tiainen concerning this badge. I've also read the story on finnish militaria messageboards. Basically a finnish dealer bought the remaining stock of badge parts from the manufacturers storage and assembled complete badges. I think the one you are bidding on is one of these unissued, assembled badges, as the center hasn't been correctly riveted, but is rather hanging on by the bent pins. You can see the same thing comparing the rivets on the picture of the genuine issued badge, versus the copy in the book.

EDIT: Okay, cannot figure out how to the pictures uploaded in decent quality, here they should be in readable format:
    https://imgur.com/a/C9jKQjr

------------------------------------------------------
    Attachment 1682850
    Thank you Konna, that makes alot of sense.

It's unfortunate since this would have been a really nice addition to the collection!

Thanks alot

Tobias