Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish ring

Article about: Help is needed, does anyone recognize this Finnish ring ?

?

Default Finnish ring

Help is needed, does anyone recognize this Finnish ring ?

Finnish ring

Finnish ring

Finnish ring
    I am looking for excellent "Lapinrintama Die Lapplandfront Kreuz 1941-1944" on a "White background". Thanks for watching !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish ring
    P
    Many

?

One exactly like this was sold yesterday on a finnish online auction site, I don't know if rules allow linking the ad? According to the pictures it had an engraving on the back of the ring that read out "Hotellet 24/6-51 ki.12" Hotellet is swedish for a hotel(remember the country was and is bilingual), then the date in 1951 and "ki.12" I don't know about(could be kl.12 which could be klockan 12, so at noon, the picture of the engraving seems to show ki.12 though).
    Some bidders were asking if it had something to do with militaria or not. Finnish school class rings and bracelets existed for the war years, and can be very similiar in design to this, the reunion date ten years in the future could point towards this. But if you consider JS could be JatkoSota, finnish for the Continuation War which broke out on 25/6/1941, it is more likely to be related to a military unit. I couldn't say which though. I think there would be more information available if it was more general-purpose ring made for the beginning of the continuation war, so that is unlikely.

?

Hello Konna,

Although this beautiful coloful ring remains at least partially a mystery to me, I thank you for your exhaustive answer.

In your opinion, the ring was propably made in 1941, so the timeline is WWII. It's related to the military (JS) or if this is a school ring, then some of the user(s) probably also served in the Finnish Army during the Continuation War. And they got reunion 10 years later.

This answer is quite enough for my question

Best regards
    Litza
    I am looking for excellent "Lapinrintama Die Lapplandfront Kreuz 1941-1944" on a "White background". Thanks for watching !

?

Interesting new developments to report
    I found out that the lion on top of a tower-insignia was on a 1957 established military unit flag belonging to the Jääkäritykistörykmentti, Jäger Artillery Regiment. I looked up more info on the flag, and it turns out it is the coat of arms for the town of Pietarsaari, Jakobstad in swedish(it is a majority swedish-speaking town). Coat of arms of Jakobstad - Wikipedia
    The flag has it because Jäger artillery was established in Jakobstad during the finnish civil war back in 1918.

So from this new info, JS is most likely Jakob Stad. But still no idea if it is a ring for people from the town joining the continuation war, or if it was a class ring for kids that graduated from school in 1941.

?

Hello Konna,

The ring therefore has a background history already from 1918 regarding the Jäger Artillery Regiment.
    And the letters JS for the City have also been clarified.

I found pics of the City's Coat of Arms and Jäger Artillery Regiment flag on the internet with your help.
    Thank you very much for all your time and information regarding this matter !

Best regards
    Litza

Finnish ring

Finnish ring