Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Flying helmets of the Finnish air force

Article about: Here are some of my Flying helmets of the Finnish air force , thought i would show them out of interested as quite hard to find these days

Default Flying helmets of the Finnish air force

Here are some of my Flying helmets of the Finnish air force , thought i would show them out of interested as quite hard to find these days
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flying helmets of the Finnish air force   Flying helmets of the Finnish air force  

Flying helmets of the Finnish air force   Flying helmets of the Finnish air force  

Flying helmets of the Finnish air force   Flying helmets of the Finnish air force  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flying helmets of the Finnish air force
    P
    Many

No wonder i cant find these. Someone is hogging them.

Did Finnish made pilot helmets had model names, or can they be found only in Friitala selling catalog? Like rucksack's, fur-coats and leather jackets.

And are those also Finnish those black ear-cup pilot helmets? Any idea for what planes or time they were used? Haven't seen those before.

Hi all Finnish made , i can not any refence to models ,the last one i have shown has a British jack plug so most likely used with the Blenheim brought from the UK .The first two i have shown are early war so from around Winter War time and other two are copies of the German models made in Finland mainly seen used in ME109 ,JU88

I could only find this from Friitala catalog, the leather hat pictures are same in 1933 and 1939 year catalogs.

That nr. 162 "motorcyclist hat" resembles closest to your SA stamped pilot helmet, so we can say it's from 1930-ties.

Let's just say army made their own order for pilot helmets and Friitala never included those in their catalog.

Btw. in Friitala catalog, pilot winter overalls/jumpsuit are also called "motorcyclist overalls".