Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Info on German rangefinder please?

Article about: Hi guys, might need a little help with this German-made Finnish rangefinder. 1st question: what is the exact designation of this particular model? Carl Zeiss 0.7 Rf? Couldn't find much onlin

CSW
    ?

Default Info on German rangefinder please?

Hi guys,

might need a little help with this German-made Finnish rangefinder. 1st question: what is the exact designation of this particular model? Carl Zeiss 0.7 Rf? Couldn't find much online unfortunately - the only 0.7 Rf I saw was a Kriegsmarine example with some of its parts missing.

And the 2nd question: does anyone know approximately when these were made; is there any feasible way to date them? It has obviously been refurbished by the Finns (white rubber piece, sling etc. are Finnish imo), the most recent repair appears to have taken place in 1994. The green paintwork is Finnish, I can see some gray under it.

The carrying case is made of some very hard leather and also holds a few smaller items.

Thank you very much!

Info on German rangefinder please? Info on German rangefinder please?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Info on German rangefinder please?
    P
    Many

Was this the one you saw?

https://www.army-store24.de/German-K...C-ww2-wwII-fwq

I have also seen photos of these being used on the Atlantic wall and on the coast of France during 'Sea Lion'
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I think these were made in 1930s , I have seen a lot of them in Finland over the years and used to be very cheap when brought from the Finnish army shops back in the good old days

CSW
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Was this the one you saw?

https://www.army-store24.de/German-K...C-ww2-wwII-fwq

I have also seen photos of these being used on the Atlantic wall and on the coast of France during 'Sea Lion'
    No, it actually wasn't the one you linked, thanks for sharing that one as well! Mine was this quite similar-looking piece here:

CSW
    ?

Quote by kradman View Post
    I think these were made in 1930s , I have seen a lot of them in Finland over the years and used to be very cheap when brought from the Finnish army shops back in the good old days
    Thank you very much for the date estimate!

The good old days have (sort of) returned: all the SA surplus stores just recently received a considerable bunch of these and similar variants. The prices might naturally be higher than "back in the day" but still nicer than the amounts asked for examples in their wartime configuration and paintwork. The sets (rangefinder+case+accessories) are currently going for 80-200€/piece depending on the manufacturer and condition

The staff revealed to me they also have some Waffenamted examples that are going to be listed on a certain Finnish auction site in the near future.

Are they all wartime production ? I thought the SA stamp was used until the late 60's

CSW
    ?

Quote by DanTheMan View Post
    Are they all wartime production ? I thought the SA stamp was used until the late 60's
    I believe these ones are, that's what I've been told at least. Naturally they have all been refurbished later and thus look quite new. The store also had some with visible Waffenamt stamps on them but those were sold separately for maximum profit (understandable imo)

Info message. These are still in sale by army shop, but they did notice that auctioning separately Crow-marked is better gain.

There is new seven pieces batch on auction right now. All of them are with Kriegsmarine eagle.

Huutokaupat.com

Search word is "STEREOETÄISYYSMITTARI"

Those without crow marking are sold in Jyväskylä shop about 120€.
    Last time I observed crow marked with after-war leather cases all were sold ~500€ per piece.

This seems like a fair deal. I'm curious as to how they still have a clearly visible swastika on them even though they have been used post war?

I believe Finnish army bought after-war surpluss rangefinders because they have swastica crows. After all it is property marking. Finns just re-marked them as [SA] property.

Previous sold batch also had lot of Kriegmarine eagles, we also might have got them in 1944 when we bought/recieved lot of german equipment. And kriegsmarine warehouses might have surplus of these.

Finnish army never destroyed original factory/army markings, as our equipment were multinationally diverse. Russian, German, Swedish, British, French etch..

Pre-war ordered SA rangefinders don't have crows, obviously.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast