Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Small wood box?...

Article about: hi hi i got this small box i don't know is it some war time item?... looks like cigaret or jewelry box?... nice box gots even paws... it's around 18cm width... 7cm high... inner depth 3,5cm.

?

Default Small wood box?...

hi hi i got this small box i don't know is it some war time item?... looks like cigaret or jewelry box?... nice box gots even paws...

it's around 18cm width... 7cm high... inner depth 3,5cm...

how many smarags and rubys could i get for this one?... thanks!...
    Small wood box?...Small wood box?...Small wood box?...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small wood box?...
    P
    Many

Hello. To me it looks like a cigar box. IMO based off of the overall look and construction method it s not that old. Possibly 1940's cottage made but I'd guess no earlier. It looks as though it was assembled using mitered ends, biscut joined and glued? I d expect an older piece to utilize dovetail construction. The adornment, decoration on top a family's crest (coat of arms). Just my opinion. Someone else may see something different? Best regards.

Brian

Hi its a nice Finnish box could have been made for anything it could be a tourist piece or a piece made for the Finnish market , still a nice box and if it was mine i would use it for storage of medals

?

bsiwula1
    yea it might be cigar box for normal tobacco it feels bit too small... oh there was that side splitter wood too... it seems to be glued paws are screwed...
    yea cat in middle is Finland's coat of arms that style come official 1978 but it's been around since 1583...

there was this war book in same place it's been written by different people in 1941-1944... it mostly contains songs and rhymes and drawings...
    so i thought it might be some wartime box...

kradman
    Thanks! im glad you like it... buy it! buy it! buy it!... its your for 2 smarags and 5 rubys

Small wood box?...Small wood box?...Small wood box?...Small wood box?...Small wood box?...Small wood box?...Small wood box?...Small wood box?...Small wood box?...

CBH
    ?

With the flathead screws I say it has some age to it, nice box.

I like the book its someone's war memory's,I you want to sell please let me know

?

Quote by kradman View Post
    I like the book its someone's war memory's,I you want to sell please let me know
    yeah! of course it's on sale! its one person's book his name is on cover and other people been writing it too...
    it's on good good condition there is about 40 pages text and drawings... other pages are blank i don't see it missing any pages...
    i was thinking to put in on web auction site but sure make some offer and i might sell it straightway...

?

SOLD!... Book went to kradman probably most nobel collector of them all... i think persons who wrote it would be quite pleased that you wanted to save it...

?

And now back to more important things how to make more money money money...

hmm... i found this picture on web its old tobacco label which uses this coat of arms in their box...
    so this is wartime cigarette box and it says "rough english translation" can be only sold for headquarters permission in war zone area and to military hospital patients...
    and these smokes were produced 1902 to 1984... so i think this wood box might be related to this label...
    just wild guessing that this wood box might been bought form canteen at war time or end of it...
    but nevertheless i'm gonna put it on Finnish auction site i dont think theres any problem to selling it...

?

SOLD! Box went bit over 60 bucks... end conclusion it probably was cigarette box current owner most likely stores medals on it now...
    hmm... kind of funny how easy some of these things are to sell i'm starting feel bit like Nicolas Cage in that one movie... there's 10 bucks for greater good!...