Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Swedish M/1885-04 Pälsmössa - likely Swedish Volunteers

Article about: Hello Forum, I bought this Pälsmössa as a Finnish Winter War one, but later realized that the Cocade on this example is not really the Finnish, but rather a overpainted Swedish one ( You c

Default Swedish M/1885-04 Pälsmössa - likely Swedish Volunteers

Hello Forum,

I bought this Pälsmössa as a Finnish Winter War one, but later realized that the Cocade on this example is not really the Finnish, but rather a overpainted Swedish one ( You can still see the yellow at some parts). Because of this I believe the hat may be one of the example stehe Swedish volunteers used in the winter war.

I also have to note that the fur this example uses I have seen on no other example, all the examples I know have purely white fur, and not this beautiful grey color.

In any case it is a beautiful and very nice preserved hat, I hope you like it as much as I do!

Regards,
    Adravor

Swedish M/1885-04 Pälsmössa - likely Swedish VolunteersSwedish M/1885-04 Pälsmössa - likely Swedish VolunteersSwedish M/1885-04 Pälsmössa - likely Swedish VolunteersSwedish M/1885-04 Pälsmössa - likely Swedish VolunteersSwedish M/1885-04 Pälsmössa - likely Swedish VolunteersSwedish M/1885-04 Pälsmössa - likely Swedish Volunteers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swedish M/1885-04 Pälsmössa - likely Swedish Volunteers
    P
    Many

It is unique fur color for swedish hat. Fur looks identical as sheepskin used in finnish m/39 fur hats.

Finns did make those cheap looking big metal zinck painted cockades for NCO's and but apparently they were very unpopular compared to beautiful enamel cockades.
    You newer find these zinck cockades attached in caps.

Finns did use this cap in 1918 and Swedish volunteers in winter war. Hat model is from year 1909.
    As it's uniquenes I also think it was made for volunteers.