Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Swedish made leather belts in Finnish use?

Article about: Hello, were the black leather cross-strap (Sam Browne type) belts used at all in the Finnish military, or by Swedish volunteers? I’ve seen a few belts in original photos that could be a ma

?

Question Swedish made leather belts in Finnish use?

Hello, were the black leather cross-strap (Sam Browne type) belts used at all in the Finnish military, or by Swedish volunteers?

I’ve seen a few belts in original photos that could be a match, rather than the much more commonly seen Finnish-made brown leather officers belts.

I have seen one photo of a Major Puustinen, a recipient of the Mannerheim Cross, in which the belt he wears appears very visually similar to the Swedish made belts.

I would appreciate any insight into this! Seeing Swedish equipment in the Finnish military during WW2 is always an interesting topic for me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swedish made leather belts in Finnish use?   Swedish made leather belts in Finnish use?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swedish made leather belts in Finnish use?
    P
    Many

I will tell about Brown Swedish officer belt m/37

It is otherwise identical to Finnish m/27 Sam Browne style belt, but it has easily noticeable brass stud. And angular sword hangers instead of Finnish D links.

The Most famous user of swedish belt is Mannerheim, general Pajari. And swedish volunteers.
    It seems to have been sold commercially as stud belt it does show up in miscelanneous staff officer photos.

Swedish made leather belts in Finnish use? Swedish made leather belts in Finnish use?

---
    About black color belts itself in Finn uniform regulations.

Navy and Coastal border guard had black enlisted men m/30 belts in patrol boats duties. These are hard to tell in photos.

Only police used black colored m/27 or m/51 (dont know what they called it then) after 1941 year.

Navy and Airforce got their black m/51 officer belt after war.

One more belt photo.
    Two ww1 jaegers: Lieutenant general Harald Öhqvist and colonel Takkula 1940