Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Alcoso Police Bayonet

Article about: Hi guys just picked this up. First bayonet in my collection.

?

Default Alcoso Police Bayonet

Hi guys just picked this up. First bayonet in my collection. Alcoso Police BayonetAlcoso Police BayonetAlcoso Police BayonetAlcoso Police BayonetAlcoso Police BayonetAlcoso Police BayonetAlcoso Police Bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alcoso Police Bayonet
    P
    Many

Very nice. This is private purchase short blade "dress" version for officers and senior NCOs, though does originate in the Weimar era. The rivets indicate the TR eagle has been fitted around 1936. Technically this is not Alcoso made (Aryanized period) but Alexander Coppel made.

Hello,

this is a walking out bayonet. Purchased privately, not for service.
    One recognizes the rest of a mussel shell. So it can be assumed that this bayonet was made before 1936 and then modified.

Little did i know that these walking out bayonete were only bought and worn by certain ranks.
    Every member of the police force was free to buy and carry something like this on their own account.
    Differences in rank or career can only be recognized by the knot, which is not present here.

Regards

?

Thanks Anderson and sleepwalker. Great information. Much appreciated

Very nice example with the lesser seen shorter blade option, typically reserved for higher ranks. I particularly like the ring beneath the crossguard left over from the clamshell device being removed without taking the whole hilt down. Great condition too.

Hello,

where is the information supposed to come from that bayonets with short blades were wielded by higher ranks?

To the best of my knowledge, this is not correct.

The official Bayonts were all the same length. There were no differences.

Alcoso Police Bayonet

For certain ranks there was permission to carry epee.

Alcoso Police Bayonet

When buying private weapons like this one, rank didn't matter. There were only two versions with short blades anyway.

Alcoso Police Bayonet

Alcoso Police Bayonet

Alcoso Police Bayonet

The info is collector lore and anecdotal. Fire bayonet blades are relegated by rank so there is precedent.

?

Looks like a dress bayonet, strange is the remove of clammshell, same as rough mashining on ACS area, probably renickeled in time of refurbish, the blade is 25cm?

?

I'm away at sea sorry AndyB will need to measure it when I am home to be sure. Not till end of August. Will let you know then. And thanks again sleepwalker intresting stuff

Hello,

The distinction between blade length and rank can only be found in the fire brigade's fascine knife (no bayonet).

Alcoso Police Bayonet

Alcoso Police Bayonet

Regards