Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Customs drill holes in my Police bayonet

Article about: Hi all I had a German police bayonet arrive today from England and customs have removed the badge and drilled holes in the handle

?

Default Customs drill holes in my Police bayonet

Hi all I had a German police bayonet arrive today from England and customs have removed the badge and drilled holes in the handle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Customs drill holes in my Police bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Customs drill holes in my Police bayonet
    P
    Many

Do you mind me ask if you had it sent with a national mail service (UK Post, DE post) or a express carrier (Fedex, DHL)?

?

Uk post but it was opened here in Australia because it had their inspection tape on it

MAP
    ?

Is this a common issue? Is it even allowed?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

It’s a first for me

MAP
    ?

I don't live down under but I have never heard of this before.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

If your having knives, daggers or swords shipped to Australia by regular mail there is a very good chance they will get opened and played with, especially staghorn or natural grips because Aus Customs are nutcases due to our Quarantine and biosecurity laws. I would always suggest having it sent with an express carrier to Aus because only about 5% of express goods actually get x-rayed from express carriers. Talking from a place of 15 years as a customs officer.

If it was incorrectly labelled or did not acknowledge it had natural grips sadly Customs here have the right without contacting you to open your item and "inspect it" in your case it would seem very liberally.
    They probably saw a natural abases in the stag grip where some dust and degrading stag had settled hence their fear/interest in drugs being in it or bugs ect.
    Items coming from Europe get a lot more attention than things from the US.

Really nothing you can do in terms of challenging them ect, apart from a letter to Department of homeland, however that would just be raging against the machine I'm afraid.

Morris

MAP
    ?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    If your having knives, daggers or swords shipped to Australia by regular mail there is a very good chance they will get opened and played with, especially staghorn or natural grips because Aus Customs are nutcases due to our Quarantine and biosecurity laws. I would always suggest having it sent with an express carrier to Aus because only about 5% of express goods actually get x-rayed from express carriers. Talking from a place of 15 years as a customs officer.

If it was incorrectly labelled or did not acknowledge it had natural grips sadly Customs here have the right without contacting you to open your item and "inspect it" in your case it would seem very liberally.
    They probably saw a natural abases in the stag grip where some dust and degrading stag had settled hence their fear/interest in drugs being in it or bugs ect.

Really nothing you can do in terms of challenging them ect, apart from a letter to Department of homeland, however that would just be raging against the machine I'm afraid.

Morris
    Interesting Morris

And here I thought it has something to do with the insignia.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Interesting Morris

And here I thought it has something to do with the insignia.
    Thankful as yet we do not have any censorship laws on forbidden symbols.

A rare case but I agree with Morris thinking. Animal horn grips could attract biosecurity scrutiny in some countries and the rivets in this type do look a little odd, like the grips have been removed (as they were 80 years ago!) but hidden contraband a possible reason. But you've incurred damage that will effect it's value, might be worth a complaint. Why didn't they x-ray?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast