Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eickhorn Feuerwehr Faschinenmesser

Article about: I am going to start collecting ks98 bayonet Eickhorn logo's. Thought that this one would be a nice start. I know that this is not a ks98 bayonet, but the logo is the same as the ks98 one. It

?

Default Eickhorn Feuerwehr Faschinenmesser

I am going to start collecting ks98 bayonet Eickhorn logo's. Thought that this one would be a nice start. I know that this is not a ks98 bayonet, but the logo is the same as the ks98 one.

It is a early production Eickhorn Feuerwehr Faschinenmesser (1933-1935). The scabbard is dark blue for some reason, I don't know why. Never seen that before, but it looks from the period. It came with a frog, which looks post-war, but i am not sure.

It has a little crack in the grip, but it is a nice piece overall.

Hill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn Feuerwehr Faschinenmesser   Eickhorn Feuerwehr Faschinenmesser  

Eickhorn Feuerwehr Faschinenmesser   Eickhorn Feuerwehr Faschinenmesser  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn Feuerwehr Faschinenmesser
    P
    Many

?

The frog looks like a repro piece, with slots added for secure strap.
    The left grip was cracked by adding or replacing grip rivets?. Scabbard was heavy blued, question remains its period done, when look at the other strange point here.

?

Could be that the grip is replaced, but i don't know that for sure.

Hello Hill..these Faschinenmesser knives are plentiful to find ...and seeing a cracked grip whether damaged as Andy stated or replaced ...I would not want it in my collection.

I know you are collecting by the producer logo ..but again ..these type knives can be found easily and are common.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello, thank you for your opinion. I got it for a good price, so it is a start for now. I can always upgrade it for a better one later on.

By the way, is the color blue normal on these scabbards?

Hill

?

You should proof with so early piece is the handle magnetic or not? Blueing on scabbards were done, but majority it were probably black painted over.

?

The handle is magnetic. Is that a good thing?

?

Yes that is a early iron cast handle.

?

Ok, that is good to know. Thanks.

Bluing of scabbards happened in the early 1930's, painting was more common later, so the scabbard may be original with the knife. There seems to have been some "restoration" attempts with rust marks removed and some messing with the rivets. whether that cause the grip plate to crack?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast