Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback sword

Article about: This one is a rare bird to find, early nickel silver, complete with the hangers-belt. Rare about this one it the custom ordered stag grip, they are normally found with a straight black paint

?

Default Eickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback sword

This one is a rare bird to find, early nickel silver, complete with the hangers-belt.
    Rare about this one it the custom ordered stag grip, they are normally found with a straight black painted wood or black horn grip.
    This is the only so far that i have seen with a stag grip.
    This one is in the Eickhorn catalogue known as Pattern 743, but with the standard grip.
    The Eickhorn firm was very willing of making extraordinary grip with bended tangs like this one, it would not been a cheap upgrade.
    And being a non military organisation they could wear these kind of grips.
    This one is internally numbered and all scabbard fittings are numbered too.
    This type of crossguard/model goes back to a 19th century pattern, and can also be found with WW1 dedications or even earlier.
    Enjoy the pics,
    Ger
    Eickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback swordEickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback swordEickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback swordEickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback swordEickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback swordEickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback swordEickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback swordEickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback swordEickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback swordEickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback swordEickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback swordEickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback swordEickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback swordEickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback swordEickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback sword
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-29-2016 at 09:37 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback sword
    P
    Many

?

It is in very nice condition Mr H.. Liking the blade too.. Cheers Terry.

Very Nice

Looks truly awesome to me! Sure is a keeper. Gotta get me a book on Third Reich blades. looks like awesome quality

?

I hope Billy will also post his pics of his Parade sword too, he has a lovely one with the standard black wooden grip, but with a dedicated blade

Regards,
    Ger

Stunning the workmanship just in the scabbard is fantastic lovely piece. thank you for posting it.

What I find fantastic about it, is that these are very rarely encountered.

I would assume that the carrier was someone of important stature to have this pricey adornment.
    I like Ger the assemblage you have already photographed and would look great right about now in a nicely framed display.

This would add strength to an already established den or mancave

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

WOW! a classic, looks great

Ger,

That's a great lineup of hefty 3R sidearms. The Feuerwehr sawback is quite nice & somewhat special as the stag grip is a seldom seen option. Of the ones I've observed over the years, I've only seen a stag grip once or twice. The double oval Eickhorn mark is a nice touch, placing its production within the 3R. I know these blades are quite substantial & impressive in hand, not dainty or feminine by any means.

Here are a few shots of a similar Feuerwehr sawback I have in my collection. I've collected Feuerwehr Officers' daggers & variants for about 15 years & always love to see the different stuff out there. This one, which I picked up this year, is a bit special too.

A full obverse view,..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn Fire department high ranking officers short sawback sword  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast