MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Paul Weyersburg Police Bayonet with Frog and Leather wrap - Max Show 2022 find

Article about: Hello Gents ...this was one of my last day pickups ...1 of 2 ..the other being a Heer dagger . After killing my legs walking endlessly ..I pretty much saw this bayo on Thursday ,,but decided

Larry, a Polizei portepee for a commisioned Officer, will have a black leather strap with 3 lines of silver bullion thread, silver bullion knot/acorn with an end dot that is black, silver and red.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paul Weyersburg Police Bayonet with Frog and Leather wrap - Max Show 2022 find
    P
    Many

Ordinarily I would agree with Anderson and his suggestion would work. My best guess, based on the 13” blade length would be a police NCO knot with green/silver bulb and black leather strap containing silver and red threads. I believe the officer grade knot that Anderson describes would be more appropriate for a shorter length blade.

next question....large or small bulb...I have seen small bulb portepees ..but not as common
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry,

For a bayonet, a smaller bulb knot is appropriate. The corresponding sword knots are noticeably larger in dimensions.

Hi Billy....would also a large knot be appropriate as well?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry,

I’ve bought a lot of police bayonets over the years as well as fire bayonets and have occasionally found sword knots on them. A few looked as if they’d been there for years too. I sense as the war dragged on that strict adherence to accoutrement regulations was probably relaxed.

Hello,

a nice police bayonet. Everything as it should be. Beautiful frog.

The Portepee were uniform throughout the Reich from 1936.

For middle service (NCO)

for the higher service (Officers)

Of course there were slight differences depending on the manufacturer. For example, the straps were made of leather, web or imitation leather.

The patterns and colors of the eyes can also differ.

Regards

The portepee with the small glans (that's the correct name of this part) were for bayonets and those with the big ones for the saber.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2