Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Police baynet ID

Article about: Can anyone verify this baynet from the only 2 pics i was given? I have zero knowledge of these and have not been able to find a single example with a white frog. supposedly the frog is stamp

Default Police baynet ID

Police baynet IDPolice baynet ID

Can anyone verify this baynet from the only 2 pics i was given? I have zero knowledge of these and have not been able to find a single example with a white frog. supposedly the frog is stamped 1939. i was not told if there are station markings or even a maker mark. i know that 2 pics wont show much but i can hope anyway. thanks for your time everyone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police baynet ID
    P
    Many

Hey,

The bayonet itself looks fine, it's a shortened Prussian era Polizei bayonet, the stag horn grips have also been shortened, had aluminium rivets put in place along with the common Third Reich Police eagle.

The black leather scabbard signifies that this was a SchutzPolizei bayonet (City/Municipal Police).

However, the white frog... These are seen from time to time and "could" have been worn by members of the Verkehrspolizei (Traffic Police).

Then there's the possibility that the white frog was to match the white leather belt of a SchuPo parade uniform.

As you can deduce, I have no definitive answer for you re the frog.

It would be good if you could get more photos of the bayonet and scabbard to see the makers mark and if bayo and scabbard are stamped

Cheers

Jamie

As is always the case with these things, I know of a photo which shows a Traffic Police NCO wearing a white frogged bayonet but I'll be buggered if I can find it.

The bayonet is authentic, but I would ask for photos of the reverse side as well. Don't be distracted by the white frog, it may be a recent addition.

?

There is white frog which was used by Traffic police like mentioned or by Honor guards, the shortage of PSG looks ok, mostly a dress bayonet, any stamps on reverse crossguard? b.r.Andy