Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Police bayonet with Firemans knot - Alcoso

Article about: Hi all, Me police bayonet marked Alcoso. Nr. 607 Is the portepee okay with this bayonet? Thanks you for your responses. Regards Jirka

Default Police bayonet with Firemans knot - Alcoso

Hi all,
    Me police bayonet marked Alcoso.
    Nr. 607
    Is the portepee okay with this bayonet? Thanks you for your responses.
    Regards Jirka
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police bayonet with Firemans knot - Alcoso   Police bayonet with Firemans knot - Alcoso  

Police bayonet with Firemans knot - Alcoso   Police bayonet with Firemans knot - Alcoso  

Police bayonet with Firemans knot - Alcoso   Police bayonet with Firemans knot - Alcoso  

Police bayonet with Firemans knot - Alcoso  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police bayonet with Firemans knot - Alcoso
    P
    Many

Hey,

Together, the knot, and the accompanying parade frog (the patent shiny leather example is for parade purposes) are for the Feuerwehr Faschinenmesser (often called the Fire Service bayonet). I think the frog is the same or very similar to the K98 frog.

So not a proper match for a Polizei seitengewehr, it seems the Police bayo has been stuffed into the frog at some point.

Cheers

Jamie

Wrong portepee but nice Polizei side arm, Police school Brandenburg, weapon 607.

?

Same opinion about the knot, anyway i dont like the 607 on crossguard as it was removed the nickel finish by filling, evidently this was a missmatch piece, that someone force matched to 607 on mouth piece off scabbard, anyway the real serial number of bayonet was 296 not 607, the unit stamp normally should be on backside of crossguard.

Thank you all for the responses. I have already removed the portepee. Next time I have to be more careful.

?

I believe what wrote jamie7d7 was correct, the porteepee and frog was a complet for Fireworker sidearm, even most real long time on this Police SG installed.

?

Most say all parts are lovely, great bayo and the frog and Portepee both look nice.
    The portepee itself is what you hope to find if you need one, the right wear and looks!

Just find a proper Fire bayo to put it on!

Ger

Impossible to be sure when the 607 was stamped. But many times these side arms when through many years of service, Weimar to TR and often were reissued or became mismatched. Notice the scabbard number 147 doesn't even match the earlier bayonet number. The coding system was discontinued during the Third Reich, but gives an interesting window into the history.

?

607 and 296 are assembly numbers of bayonet or scabbard, the 147 is unit number so these are different, anyway the 607 is strange even a 6 stamped on tang of handle, similar fonts are not typical for pre 1945.

If the bayonet was Feuerschutz Polizei can also have such a Portepee? They write it here.

Es sind teilweise sich widersprechende Mitteilungen veröffentlicht worden. Wir nehmen deshalb Veranlassung. Hier eine genaue Farbangabe zu veröffetlichen. Obenstehend handelt es sich um die beiden Portepees. Wie auf S. 10 in den Bestimmungen vermerkt. Nebenstehend hilden wir die beiden bisher vorgesehenen, allmählich abzulegenden Portepees ab.

-

Some conflicting reports have been published. We therefore take the initiative. An exact color specification to be published here. Above are the two portepees. As noted on page 10 of the Regulations. On the right, we are showing the two previously planned portepees that are to be gradually discarded.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police bayonet with Firemans knot - Alcoso  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast