Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

POLICE BAYONET with unknown spine mark

Article about: I picked up this police bayonet and noticed some kind of spine mark , I took pictures hoping I would be able to make it out, but as near as I can figure it looks like a K with a sunburst or

?

Default POLICE BAYONET with unknown spine mark

I picked up this police bayonet and noticed some kind of spine mark , I took pictures hoping I would be able to make it out, but as near as I can figure it looks like a K with a sunburst or maybe a flower. does anyone known this mark? sorry about photo's it was the best I could get so far.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture POLICE BAYONET with unknown spine mark   POLICE BAYONET with unknown spine mark  

POLICE BAYONET with unknown spine mark  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement POLICE BAYONET with unknown spine mark
    P
    Many

Hi Wes..I will temporarily move this to the K98 forum for further review..there are guys there that will tell you what the numbers are.

Be patient..and I will keep your thread at the top until you get the answers you need.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry

?

no reply's oh well , I don't collect this type at all so now list in the classified section thank

Someone accidentally locked this thread ..and now it is reopened for discussion and moved to the main forum.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The starburst with a letter is a Weimar era armorer's mark, placed there when the bayonet was first constructed.

?

thank you Billy G , I am learning more everyday .

Quote by Billy G View Post
    The starburst with a letter is a Weimar era armorer's mark, placed there when the bayonet was first constructed.
    Yes, this is becacuse the eary bayonets (those actually able to fit a rifle) were re-worked pre-NS items.

For interest the S.D.V mark refers to Schutzpolizei Dusseldorf and the V is a roman numeral 5 for the fifth "Direktion" or district. The arabic numerals a a serial number within the unit.

I hope this is of interest.

Regards

Mark

PS It would be interesting to see the whole piece if you still have it.
    Last edited by Watchdog; 04-06-2017 at 09:07 AM. Reason: PS
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Unusual for me to see the makers name running
    parallel to the blade.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Unusual for me to see the makers name running
    parallel to the blade.........

I only have one of these which is a Luneschloss but here is the maker mark.

Regards

Mark

PS Or did you mean unusual for Horster marked blades?

POLICE BAYONET with unknown spine markPOLICE BAYONET with unknown spine markPOLICE BAYONET with unknown spine markPOLICE BAYONET with unknown spine markPOLICE BAYONET with unknown spine markPOLICE BAYONET with unknown spine markPOLICE BAYONET with unknown spine mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 04-06-2017 at 02:04 PM. Reason: PS
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast