Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Police bayonet WKC

Article about: Very nice original police dress bayonet with some issues typical Wkc make on blade long swell still a nice bayonet. I have a stag plain dress bayonet by WKC it also has the long swell on the

Default Police bayonet WKC

First off...
    Hello to all who take time to read this . Ive been popping in and out of the forums for a while now . reading and learning always learning ..

I have been a collector of mostly Iron Crosses and the usual awards for combat troops of the Third Reich .
    Recently i somehow managed to start a collection of bayonets so far one confirmed original k98 bayonet "waffenampt" one first world war long blade bayonet and a couple of other types .

A while ago a friend came into my workplace and handed me something wrapped in paper and gave it to me just saying theres a present for you ..since i work in retail store and i was dealing with a customer i put it to one side only opening it when the shop was clear .
    It turned out to be a WKC police bayonet i have done some checking around but cant confirm if it is original there was a bit of a story to go with it but i cant confirm if it is where the bayonet came from ..

Unfortunatly the scabard has been lost along time ago according to my friend his grandmother originally owned this and brought it with her from germany .

If anyone can help confirming if it is original or a nice repro i would be gratefull .i will try attach some pics of the handle and blade markings ..

Thanks for any help in advance ..
    Police bayonet WKCPolice bayonet WKCPolice bayonet WKC

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police bayonet WKC
    P
    Many

Default Re: Police bayonet WKC

its good, some people have all the luck.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    its good, some people have all the luck.
    Thanks for your reply .....

?

Good Polizei Bayo to bad its missing the scabbard and a piece of the crossguard -

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by Horst View Post
    Good Polizei Bayo to bad its missing the scabbard and a piece of the crossguard -

Horst
    Ive been trying to find a scabbard but almost impossible at this stage . when i asked about the broken crossgaurd my friend said hes always remembered it as being this way ..

Hello Krdeburca..welcome to the forum....although missing a few things..it is still representative of the Third Reich period. I like the detail on the pommel and the Police wreath eagle...very nice. Thanks for sharing. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It's a real as rain.....Always attractive, these big old stag handled Police bayonets. A shame about the crossguard and the missing sheath, though. What markings are on the back of the blade?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hello Krdeburca..welcome to the forum....although missing a few things..it is still representative of the Third Reich period. I like the detail on the pommel and the Police wreath eagle...very nice. Thanks for sharing. Regards Larry
    Thanks for your reply Larry .

The detailing on the feathers is quite deep compared to other pictures of similar bayonets ive seen recenently .
    as there are no other markings other than the knights head and WKC below it im not sure of a date for it .

where the gaurd is broken/cut the ageing seems to be the same as the rest of the gaurd and pommel ..

i was going to clean and polish it as i had thought it was a good copy but ill just keep it as is ..

thanks again

Police bayonet WKChere is a couple pics of the blade and back of grips Police bayonet WKCPolice bayonet WKCPolice bayonet WKCPolice bayonet WKCPolice bayonet WKC

?

Very nice bayonet, I always thought that the stag handle grips really made these bayonets so beautiful. Great bayonet and in good condition too

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast