Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Police Bayonet - WKC Non matching

Article about: Throwing this up here for feedback. Condition look OK. Not mint. Scabbard is non-matching unfortunately and not sure about the frog. Any thoughts? Michael

MAP
    ?

Default Police Bayonet - WKC Non matching

Throwing this up here for feedback.

Condition look OK. Not mint.

Scabbard is non-matching unfortunately and not sure about the frog.

Any thoughts?

Michael

Police Bayonet -  WKC Non matching

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police Bayonet -  WKC Non matching
    P
    Many

I like it...see what the bayo guys say and I like the oak leaf enhancing on the guard .
    Maybe mismatched but a nice bayo

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I like it...see what the bayo guys say and I like the oak leaf enhancing on the guard .
    Maybe mismatched but a nice bayo

Regards Larry
    Thanks Larry. I like it too. Obviously the mismatch is not ideal, but at the right price it wouldn't bother me too much.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I like that bayonet too, nice details on that grip and so deeply engraved those oak leafs.
    Shame it is mismatch, but for right price it is not so bad.
    -TJ-

MAP
    ?

Thanks! Lets see what happens and if my offer is accepted. Either way...no worries.

You won't find a service Seitengewehr in mint condition (more likely with private purchase) as these saw a lot of daily service from Weimar Republic to Third Reich. But this is a tidy example, a mismatch sure, but at the right price a good example for a first purchase. This one lacks the mortice slot in the hilt, others had a slot. The "bayonet" is Rural Polizei marked for Breslau District, while the scabbard is a Municipal Polizei issued for Schleswig District.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Anderson. Yes. this will be my first. Appreciate the info and additional details on the markings and background. Very helpful!

MAP
    ?

Well it arrived in the mail today. Much nicer looking than the original photos....But it didn't magically become a matching example during shipment.

Very interesting is that someone scrawled their name on the frog. All that is left is a faint impression. I can't make it all out but it looks like "April Mxxxhany"

Two minor questions:

1) Not sure if this is the correct frog but would love to hear opinions
    2) Frog is maker marked. All is can make out is the last part "....hauser". Any idea?

All in all I'm very happy. Great price and very nice but not mint condition even if non-matching

Much better photos
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Michael,
    I like this bayonet even with it being mismatched. In my opinion the police bayonet is one of the most under appreciate Edged weapons, They are beautiful pieces of art.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast