Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

private purchase police bayonet

Article about: hello this is my last find,the first time i encountering the iii reich period police bayonet. from the research i've made this is the type made in the 30's or maybe later.please correct me i

Default private purchase police bayonet

hello
    this is my last find,the first time i encountering the iii reich period police bayonet.
    from the research i've made this is the type made in the 30's or maybe later.please correct me if i'm wrong
    the scabbard looks like the correct WKC variant due to the fittings style.
    my question is about the frog,there are no any rivets,and it has something in general look that i dont like,so i wantb to ask about the originality because definitely i don't have seen too much dress frogs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture private purchase police bayonet   private purchase police bayonet  

private purchase police bayonet   private purchase police bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement private purchase police bayonet
    P
    Many

A nice TR era made WKC Polizei seitengewehr. It has all those features you would expect to see, the wide wing eagle, scabbard chape unscalloped, rivets heads smaller than the Weimar era re-works. I would think made in late 1930's. But like you I'm a bit doubtful about the frog. No rivets is not uncommon on Polizei frogs, some had them some did not. But the white stitching is not what you expect, should be black, and it seems a bit wide around scabbard throat. I suspect it's reproduction one.

thank You for confirm my doubts,i felt that sometning is wrong witch that frog.
    thanks for also for pointing the typical features of III reich era manufacturing.
    i have one more question,maybe You know what type of troddel will be correct with this bayonet?i searched the web ann in some cases i saw the standard green silver troddel often seen with ks98 bayonet,also in a few finds there is hanging a troddel witch vertical lines,and a few others but nowhere is info is it a good configuration.so what type will be the best for looking?
    regards

It should have the Polizei troddel and the lower rank version is most commonly seen, (though officers had the option to wear a seitengewehr over a sword). It's more usual to see the lower ranks troddel which has a 30cm long black leather strap with 2 rows silver bullion stitches and centre row of red stitches and a silver bullion and green striped knot with green "dot" at the end. The red & silver striped knot troddel is for Feuerwehr and KS98 NCO troddel are not correct for this seitengewehr.

ok thank You very much
    so i start to looning for some correct frog and troddel
    regards

I would agree that the nonscalloped scabbard lower fitting is correct for WKC private purchase Polizei bayonets. The wide blood groove made me do a double take however. I own 4 of these, 2 Gemeindedpolizei, 1 Weimar and 1 Customs, and all have the stiletto blade with swedge.

But the issue I have is with the grip emblem, which differs from the 3R utilized wide-winged style. This style emblem with very thin wide wings and poorly formed eagle head is very similar to a type of stickpin eagle I have seen. I've also seen this exact emblem on a Water Protection Police dagger which was, for other reasons, a suspected reproduction.

The initial question about the frog is a good question. The leather and stitching look fairly new and not period IMO.

Does the emblem have any movement however sight when touched? Did the bayonet come from a reputable source?

?

Like the birds head.
    Wonderfull bayonet!

Ron

hello
    yes for me its a reputable person,but i also suspect the mistake before any purchase.so it take me some time to take some examiation about this bayonet,the pommel shape and details,the crossguard leaves,the WKC logo,the colour of the cut area of horn stag,rivets(i do not know that the crossgrain is present on the bayonets,but i see something similiar on the blade)i made the research in three forums area i compared also the scabbard features,stitch,fittings,numbers on fittings,even the filth inside.and You are right everything that i compared was almmost identical,everything beside the eagle.but i also thinked that for sure there are many different styles so i didn't take it for a red flag.just checked that it has no movement and the way in it was attached.id dosent show any movement ant its attached to the horn by a few pins but hardly to take a photo of them.there are no traces of glue just the remains of some oil wich was on entire bayonet.do you suspect that the eagle is a repro or the entirebayonet?
    regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture private purchase police bayonet   private purchase police bayonet  

i'm not certain that i correectly understand the first paragraph of your statement.the feature of the wide blood groove.from what i had ridden the wide type of blade and blood grove is correct form for the privately purchased TR era made police bayonets.
    photo thanks to the refference material from this forum
    regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture private purchase police bayonet  

?

nice!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast