MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Rural Police Dress Bayonet Question

Article about: Hi there! I recently saw a rural police dress bayonet for a good price, the owner of which claims is original. From my research, I believe it is a late war model made of aluminum instead of

Default Rural Police Dress Bayonet Question

Hi there!

Rural Police Dress Bayonet QuestionRural Police Dress Bayonet QuestionRural Police Dress Bayonet QuestionRural Police Dress Bayonet Question
    I recently saw a rural police dress bayonet for a good price, the owner of which claims is original. From my research, I believe it is a late war model made of aluminum instead of a reworked Weimar-period bayonet, with a black aluminum scabbard instead of the usual leather.

However I am very skeptical of the stag horn grips as they look very unusal.

Can anyone confirm the authenticity of this bayonet for me?

Many thanks,

-Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rural Police Dress Bayonet Question
    P
    Many

I don't like the grips at all.

I dont like it. Not the screws in the grips, the grips them self, the missing bolt through the eye of the eagle, the way the Polizei emblem is placed in the grips, the used material, the crude feathers of the eagle and so on.
    Not for me this one.

?

WKC has a late war police bayo that had a metal scabbard, and stag gripplates but the eagle was without its feathers, just a plain eagleshead.
    The rivets and the eagle (wrong material?) are rudely attached to the grip, not something a german craftsman would do this way.
    Its like putting an old type weimar pommel and guard to a different bayonet blade that has a matching scabbard.
    I dont see any proof markings on the ridge either.
    My 2 cents: a homemade put together piece
    Not something for me.

Cheers,
    Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    a homemade put together piece
    My thoughts exactly, I very much appreciate the quick replies fellas!

Many thanks,

-Chris

It appears to me that this bayonet is a Frankenstein piece cobbled together of parts that don't necessarily go together. I think the hilt is a period item but the stag grip plates are clearly not original to the piece, they are way too chunky. This is also evidenced by the nonperiod rivets. The gilt wide-winged grip eagle is a reproduction item. The blade is probably from a standard KS98 bayonet as is the scabbard. It's not even worth a 2nd look.