Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Scarce Fireman’s Dress Bayonet Distributor Marked “ GECO “ Berlin

Article about: Thought I would post my scarce GECO marked fireman’s dress bayonet . I understand GECO which stood for the retail firm Gustav Genschow . They provided uniforms and ephemera for both police

?

Default Scarce Fireman’s Dress Bayonet Distributor Marked “ GECO “ Berlin

Thought I would post my scarce GECO marked fireman’s dress bayonet . I understand GECO which stood for the retail firm Gustav Genschow . They provided uniforms and ephemera for both police and fire, including bayonets. The blade is In mint condition , leather frog and portapee. I don’t think the frog is German , so if anyone can give me some info on it I’d appreciate it. Thanks
    Scarce Fireman’s Dress Bayonet Distributor Marked “ GECO “ BerlinScarce Fireman’s Dress Bayonet Distributor Marked “ GECO “ BerlinScarce Fireman’s Dress Bayonet Distributor Marked “ GECO “ BerlinScarce Fireman’s Dress Bayonet Distributor Marked “ GECO “ BerlinScarce Fireman’s Dress Bayonet Distributor Marked “ GECO “ BerlinScarce Fireman’s Dress Bayonet Distributor Marked “ GECO “ Berlin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Scarce Fireman’s Dress Bayonet Distributor Marked “ GECO “ Berlin
    P
    Many

A very good condition "faschinenmesser" with the GECO mark of the distributor. As you mention Genschow was an outfitter for the Fire service and possibly Police.
    The frog is not corrrect for Feuerwehr, and looks to be Austrian. Thanks for showing us.

Very nice bayo, but I am bias to the fire service.
    Interesting Frog. I do not think I have seen before.
    John

?

The frog is probably a repro, made on austrian M88/95 type. personally i dont like the grips, looks like replacements of newer design.

Nice Geco marked fire bayonet. The hilt looks distinctly like a Pack product and this is a combination I’ve seen before with Geco distributing Pack products. The frog could be Austrian as Andy says, the reverse looks similar to a Czech frog I have.

The Gustav Genschow & Co (GECO)was a widely branched company with many manufacturing plants and acquired companies. It will be difficult to find out which of them made this fascine knife.

These tools aren't bayonet either, they're blade knives. The fire brigades were not armed and the fascine knives are also not attachable.

They weren't dress pieces either, but were worn in action according to the dress code and used as tools.

Scarce Fireman’s Dress Bayonet Distributor Marked “ GECO “ Berlin