Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Verification of paul weyersberg police bayonet

Article about: Guys a seller has offered a police bayonet. It looks very clean. I would like a second look by a few members who may have experience in this field. Any thoughts gents?

Default Verification of paul weyersberg police bayonet

Guys a seller has offered a police bayonet. It looks very clean. I would like a second look by a few members who may have experience in this field.
    Any thoughts gents? I have not bought yet until i hear its a good one. It does look nice but i am unfamiliar with these..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verification of paul weyersberg police bayonet   Verification of paul weyersberg police bayonet  

Verification of paul weyersberg police bayonet   Verification of paul weyersberg police bayonet  

Verification of paul weyersberg police bayonet   Verification of paul weyersberg police bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verification of paul weyersberg police bayonet
    P
    Many

Guys I am getting pictures as the seller sends them. The more I look at it the more it looks like a nice piece to me but I am still unsure I will wait for others responses.

?

This is a very well-preserved Schutzpolizei dress bayonet.“S.W.I.” for Schutzpolizei Wiesbaden. but the frog does not look very nice and you can not see the sign on Scabbard.

Kekel thank you very much form your reply. I too thought scabbard was a bit rough. But i am glad to hear it is a good one. Would 200 be acceptable for price?

Should this be marked on both sides with maker's mark ?because I only see it on one side.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verification of paul weyersberg police bayonet  

As Kekel said, it is authentic, weimar era made with cut down blade from early TR era and in good condition (possibly polished), with exception being the scabbard, which is a little rough and the frog. Probably seek a better frog would be the idea if you decide the buy. Of course everything is relative to price asked. Maker mark on back ricasso is correct.

I agree completely with the comments above.

Yes the scabbard is a bit rough but consider the age of the thing. A little bit of a quality leather treatment (I find Fiebings 4-Way excellent for just about all leather pieces) and the appearance will be much improved.
    A decent frog (and a Troddel) should not be hard to find and will further enhance. Don't worry about the "matching set" fantasy, that only applies to the bayonet and scabbard. It is so unlikely that bayonet, frog and Troddel were "mated for life" and it would take extensive provenance to convince that they were!
    You asked about the maker mark being on both sides of the blade. Nope just the one side.

As for the price, I guess you mean US$ 200? All things considered I would say that is a very good price. Even buying an excellent frog and Troddel (plus a bottle of Fiebings!) you would still be very much "in the black" in my opinion.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Guys thanks again very much. I plan to learn more on the subject