Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet Flag

Article about: I got this flag recently. It was listed for a cheap price and the photos were rather poor, so I thought I should go for it, thinking it might be a wartime one since it had been found from an

Default Soviet Flag

I got this flag recently. It was listed for a cheap price and the photos were rather poor, so I thought I should go for it, thinking it might be a wartime one since it had been found from an old building in Karelia. Sadly, the hammer and sickle seem to be postwar pattern. The flag appears very vibrant in photos but the color is actually rather dark.

My hunt for a wartime flag continues.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Flag   Soviet Flag  

Soviet Flag   Soviet Flag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Flag
    P
    Many

Default WWII Soviet flag

Interesting flag, because of its dark red colour I would say it is from the period 1955-1980.

I think that an official Soviet WWII dated flag is hard to find.
    A question about the WWII dated Soviet flag. How was the hammer and sickle applied? Printed or sewn, or could it be both?

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    A question about the WWII dated Soviet flag. How was the hammer and sickle applied? Printed or sewn, or could it be both?
    Printed and sewn are possible.

Yes, both are possible.

Default Soviet flag

What about this Soviet flag? I bought it a year ago. I mean the large Soviet flag at the picture.
    The person from whom I bought it found a few of these flags at a Soviet military base in East Germany. Shorty after the Soviet soldiers had left.
    The colour of the flag is dark red. The hammer and sickle are sewn. Unfortunately, the flag has no labels or stamps. Was it made in the Soviet Union or in the GDR? I don't know.
    My Soviet flag is almost the same as the flag which was sold at the website of Espenlaub militaria; WW2 pattern USSR national flag . I don't think my flag is WWII made. My opinion is that the flag is made in the period 1955-1980.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Flag   Soviet Flag  

Soviet Flag  

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    What about this Soviet flag? I bought it a year ago. I mean the large Soviet flag at the picture.
    The person from whom I bought it found a few of these flags at a Soviet military base in East Germany. Shorty after the Soviet soldiers had left.
    The colour of the flag is dark red. The hammer and sickle are sewn. Unfortunately, the flag has no labels or stamps. Was it made in the Soviet Union or in the GDR? I don't know.
    My Soviet flag is almost the same as the flag which was sold at the website of Espenlaub militaria; WW2 pattern USSR national flag . I don't think my flag is WWII made. My opinion is that the flag is made in the period 1955-1980.
    Impossible to say for sure, but I'm fairly certain it's post 1955. You should open a separate thread for it.

The thing with Soviet national flags is that not much info seems to be available. It feels as if it was common for flags to be rather crudely manufactured during wartime, no markings. This is rather odd since a totalitarian state like USSR was high on symbolism and thus you'd except for more "centralized" and professional manufacture of national flags.

Dom
    ?

Personally I do not believe in the story of "pre 55 of the sickle and hammer" as often said because you can see a lot of different things just look at the vintage photos.

That said I like your flags

Quote by Dom View Post
    Personally I do not believe in the story of "pre 55 of the sickle and hammer" as often said because you can see a lot of different things just look at the vintage photos.

That said I like your flags
    That is true Dom, a valid point.

Default Soviet flag

I also think that Soviet flags are difficult to date. What about the Soviet flag at this picture? Note the shape of the hammer and sickle.
    The picture is taken during the war. The banner at the foreground has a Soviet coat of arms with 11 ribbons.

Soviet Flag

Default Small Soviet flags

Here are some pictures of the small Soviet flags. Three of them are almost the same. I do not think these flags are made for the Red army but they are previously promotional items. The small flags are not marked but they should be produced by Disk Říčany in former Czechoslovakia. Disk Říčany was possibly a toy manufacturer in the town of Říčany, east of Prague. The flags have an average size of 29 x 22 cm (11.41 x 8,66 in.). The hammer and sickle are yellow printed. The flags are post war.

Soviet Flag

The fourth small flag comes from the Czech town Liberec. This town is located in the north of the Czech Republic. The flag was found together with some other WWII items. It is difficult to say or this flag is also war produced but the other items are. The size is 31,5 x 20,5 cm. (12.40 x 8.07 in). The hammer and sickle are gold printed.

Soviet Flag

Detail of the fourth flag.

Soviet Flag

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast