Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Flag Top

Article about: I thought some of you might be interested in this one of my first pieces of militaria from the age of about 9.

Default Soviet Flag Top

I thought some of you might be interested in this one of my first pieces of militaria from the age of about 9.

Soviet Flag TopSoviet Flag Top

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Flag Top
    P
    Many

Default Re: Soviet Flag Top

They are good affordable items. I have one too. They can be found with various makers markings.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Flag Top   Soviet Flag Top  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

nice kradspam here's my example with a similar maker mark not sure if mines an earlier example though regards james Soviet Flag TopSoviet Flag Top

Hi James, your is the same era, just made by a different factory.

I have added the pics of mine to my earlier post.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

what kind of time frame do you think these 3 types are from adrian are they all post war

Hi James, yes, they are post war production, but the pattern was introduced wartime.

Cheers, Ade.

I'm guessing mine is 1970's or 80's from what I know of it's origins and how it came to be with me. Nice to see this old thread come up again

nice to give the thread a bit of a bump kradspam, im always interested in finding out more details on this style of flag top ,its a nice little piece and i like it alot ,im guessing then mine is from the same era as yours but mine is in a much poorer condition cheers james

I wouldn't say much poorer mate, it's a little bit more salty than mine but still looks really great! I've got a belt and buckle similar to yours that I will dig out and put together with it I think, maybe get a little box frame.

sounds great kradspam and thanks for the compliments on my example the display frame you talk about sounds a great idea i had mine in one a little while back ,maybe ill put it back as it was ,i dont have much ww2 russian gear well this is it really apart from my ssh collection