Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Two Soviet flags but what are they and what do the words mean? Help needed please.

Article about: i purchased many items from emigres who left Russia after the Berlin Wall came down in 1991.Some real treasures that have commanded excellent prices as i later reduced my collection. I read

Default Two Soviet flags but what are they and what do the words mean? Help needed please.

i purchased many items from emigres who left Russia after the Berlin Wall came down in 1991.Some real treasures that have commanded excellent prices as i later reduced my collection. I read about the shortage of flags on the market. Could mine be authentic?
    There are two flags both very, very heavy with velvet material as well as a lighter material. The one flag has portraits of Stalin and Lenin with the several lines of cyrillic letters or words. The other has a CCCP logo with a plain red backing.
    They both have heavy thick gold metallic style fringes and show evidence of wear.
    Do they have value and what is the message from comrades Stalin and Lenin. I was told that one could be a flag issued to a State owned factory. If so what time period?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Soviet flags but what are they and what do the words mean? Help needed please.   Two Soviet flags but what are they and what do the words mean? Help needed please.  

Two Soviet flags but what are they and what do the words mean? Help needed please.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Two Soviet flags but what are they and what do the words mean? Help needed please. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Soviet flags but what are they and what do the words mean? Help needed please.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two Soviet flags but what are they and what do the words mean? Help needed please.

Sorry, but I can’t make any valuable comment here, but I am looking for a ww2 era soviet flag myself, so will be most interested to hear the opinions on these

Default Re: Two Soviet flags but what are they and what do the words mean? Help needed please.

The first banner reads, "Under the banner of Lenin and Stalin, ahead to defeat the German invaders!"

The other side reads, "Death to the German invaders! Glorious soldiers of the Kalinin Front. Find and glory, heroism and valor to defend our great country"

Something along those lines...

- - Updated - -

The second one has the Communist Party slogan, "Workers of the world, unite!"

They certainly portray WWII-era flags, but I can't say for certain if they are original or not.

Sounds promising then, no ??

?

They are authentic, the lower one looks like a prewar flag due to the ribbons. Raul