Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII Shoulder Board Collection

Article about: by Bob Hritz I just paid a lot for the marshall's pair. I will post better photos of them. Bob Hritz You seems like very sensitive guy. Do you really like to hear the truth about that pair?

Default WWII Shoulder Board Collection

Removed for lack of interest and to save bandwidth.

Bob Hritz
    Last edited by Bob Hritz; 05-21-2010 at 12:25 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Shoulder Board Collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWII Shoulder Board Collection

Bob,

I saw this yesterday and did not have a chance to sit down and comprehensively look at and give my opinions of what you have shown...

Tonight, I had some spare time.

Oh well...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

A PS - If you decide to show them again, post some images of the reverse(s) - especially the Rifles private's every-day boards...

I would like to see them!

Boridin

I would really enjoy seeing them too Mr. Hritz. I've been too busy to get on the site much in the last few weeks. I need as much help from veteran collectors, like you, that I can get. Could you please post them again?

Jay

Sadly, the window of opportunity has been lost. I had possession of them, but no longer have any, other than the pair of Marshall's boards I bought. I had limited time to make a decision.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Shoulder Board Collection   WWII Shoulder Board Collection  

WWII Shoulder Board Collection   WWII Shoulder Board Collection  

WWII Shoulder Board Collection   WWII Shoulder Board Collection  

Hi Bob, that is a shame. They all look good. But like a lot of Soviet material differentiating between wartime and 1950's can be tricky. I cannot really comment on the Marshals ones though as I have never seen a good pair to examine in person.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello Ade,

I was to make an offer on the group. They were gusranteed WWII (with return priveledge), but I had no idea on the values. I just paid a lot for the marshall's pair. I will post better photos of them.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Shoulder Board Collection   WWII Shoulder Board Collection  

WWII Shoulder Board Collection  
    Last edited by Bob Hritz; 05-22-2010 at 05:03 PM.

Hi Bob,
    great pix, however I am interested in the senior officer field dress shoulder strap showing the Sapper service badge - I was of the impression that second world war sapper badges were of two axes and that it was the pioneers that had a shovel and pick - your photo shows the correct badge on one of the senior officer set but Im puzzled by this other set - if it had flashes in the background, it could have been electrical and technical troops s they have an axe and shovel?, possibly this set is post war? I only collect cold war shoulder boards,
    The Marshall of the Soviet Union one's I would love to have in my collection so congrats on picking this up

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    But like a lot of Soviet material differentiating between wartime and 1950's can be tricky.
    It truly is, IMO, without seeing the reverse. However, there are a few collectors in Russia and Ukraine who I believe can.

As far as my experience goes, many of these seem to be surplus taken from old Soviet Army stores. These were quite available until about three or so years ago. It seems that the supply was "picked" and has since "dried up".

Perhaps our respected member Azad can enlighten us on this subject?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast