Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

All White Nazi Flag, Or Just Faded From Sun?

Article about: So, this flag was given to me by my father about 5 years ago. I can't tell if it's some kind of "special," all-white flag, or if it's just completely faded from the sun. Unfortunat

?

Default All White Nazi Flag, Or Just Faded From Sun?

So, this flag was given to me by my father about 5 years ago. I can't tell if it's some kind of "special," all-white flag, or if it's just completely faded from the sun. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of information surrounding the flag, other than it was made by FahnenRichter. My grandfather was in the US Army and was shipped out to the Philippines after the Japanese surrendered I believe. According to my father, he only spent time in The Philippines and Japan. I thought he might've spent time in China because a lot of GI's did before they went home, but my father said that didn't happen. I have no idea on how my grandfather came into possession of the flag, only theories, which I will post below:

1. The flag was from an embassy or something in Japan, and he got it there.

2. He traded something to another soldier who spent time in Europe.

3. He acquired it after the war.

4. He actually did go to China, specifically, the former Japanese Puppet State of Manchuria (see image below as to why I think this).

As you can see, the flag clearly has red in it, at the edges. I just don't see how the flag would be completely faded on both sides, unless it was flown 24/7 for years in a sunny location. Also, the last picture was taken in Manchuria post-war. I know the image is in black and white, but I don't see any darkness near the Swastika to indicate the flags were the "usual flags" we're used to seeing. Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement All White Nazi Flag, Or Just Faded From Sun?
    P
    Many