MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone bought from serial faker on eBay, goes by flabbyroutwat

Article about: Hi, just wondering if anyone has bought a flag from an eBay seller in Ipswich, goes by a number of different usernames on eBay, he seems to have numerous accounts. Operates under flabbyroutw

Default Anyone bought from serial faker on eBay, goes by flabbyroutwat

Hi, just wondering if anyone has bought a flag from an eBay seller in Ipswich, goes by a number of different usernames on eBay, he seems to have numerous accounts. Operates under flabbyroutwat & 4444destination amongst others.

It’s just I find it interesting, I sold something quite similar to his, mine was genuine, his repro. But his got more, he seems to have built up a very loyal following on eBay.

I’ve noticed he sells all the same kit that Lockdales fill their auctions with nowadays. However you get a lot of different types of flags from both operations. They’re a step up from the cheap polyester modern flags, a kind of cotton mix. They print either the old style Prussian Eagle on them or the Swastika & then label Berlin & date, something along those lines. Some they choose to soak in tea or something, maybe sandblast, those ones go for a lot more.

I’ve noticed these flags going for between £150 - £400. They can go very high if there’s a bidding war.

So my question is this. Does anybody on the forum know where these flags are made, why Lockdales sell them as well & why are people buying them. None of it adds up to me. I’m guessing that they’re made up in China.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone bought from serial faker on eBay, goes by flabbyroutwat
    P
    Many

Gives us a link to one of his current sales so we can have a look!
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

No idea where their manufactured, they sell them to make $$$ and people buy them in the hopes of originality and possible to resell them elsewhere, as P.T. Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute". G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Right now he’s not selling flags, he just made a few grand selling them the other day though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?si...&isRefine=true

And an example of this type of flag that never existed from another seller currently selling it:

WW1 IMPERIAL GERMAN NAVAL FLAG DATED 1917 ORIGINAL | eBay

He puts the same disclaimer on everything: FROM AN OLD COLLECTORS COLLECTION

OBVIOUSLY WE KNOW THERE ARE MANY COPIES THOUGH ABOUT SO SOLD RETURNABLE IF FAULTED FOR ANY REASON

There’s this guy in Ireland that I was in touch with briefly, IT’S NOT ME OKAY Lol! But I noticed in his eBay history he had bought a lot from this 4444destination guy in Ipswich & just out of coincidence he sent me pictures of his collection. I challenge people on the forum to find one genuine item this collector got from that guy in Ipswich & for those easily offended, LOOK AWAY!Anyone bought from serial faker on eBay, goes by flabbyroutwatAnyone bought from serial faker on eBay, goes by flabbyroutwat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anyone bought from serial faker on eBay, goes by flabbyroutwat   Anyone bought from serial faker on eBay, goes by flabbyroutwat  

Thanks for the pics and the heads up. The first user name does it for me really as a UK English speaker it says it all and puts me off immediately.

Mind you, I did once buy a spare alloy wheel for my car from someone calling himself "Bobbybumlove" (another name with connotations perhaps only noticed by UK English speakers)

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Ha ha :-) Bobbybumlove. My God, that’s bad lol You really do get all sorts.

Quote by alexander11 View Post
    It’s just I find it interesting, I sold something quite similar to his, mine was genuine, his repro. But his got more, he seems to have built up a very loyal following on eBay.
    eBay is indeed a strange place... The cap below is being advertised as a 'high quality' reproduction - so no scam is being committed. In fact it is just a DDR cap which can be purchased for around £20 or less. The current bid is at £126... which is more than an 'EREL' repro SS cap of better quality would cost you. There are two days to go on this, and I await with bated breath to see what it eventually goes for.

Cheers,
    Steve

Morning Steve pal. There was a repro hat at an auction in the UK last week listed £80 - £120, sold for £840 plus commission. I think it was a Janke repro cap, it wasn’t pretending to be ligit either.

And the one you show is an awful lot of money for what the winning bidder gets. Probably a nice cap before the sand blasting which I think they got a bit carried away with on this one.

I think 4444destination was the same guy as the current seller as he was selling the same copy items as original

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast