Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Assistance with SA Pennant

Article about: Gentlemen, I was given this pennant recently and I would appreciate it if you could review and make comment regarding it's authenticity please. The RZM tag appears to be stuck on and I am no

Default Assistance with SA Pennant

Gentlemen, I was given this pennant recently and I would appreciate it if you could review and make comment regarding it's authenticity please. The RZM tag appears to be stuck on and I am not sure if this is real. As always, many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with SA Pennant   Assistance with SA Pennant  

Assistance with SA Pennant   Assistance with SA Pennant  

Assistance with SA Pennant  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with SA Pennant
    P
    Many

RZM tag is fake and it is glued on the pennant, it is not done at period time.
    Pennant might have a chance, somehow I'm not big fan of it, but wait for another opinion for it.
    -TJ-

As TJ says, RZM Paper Tag is a definetly fake. The pennant is weird. What strikes me as odd is the stitching along the piping. Simple straight seam and zig zag too. I've never seen it like this before. The second point is the oak leaf wreath of the SA sports badge. There, a brown thread was used to sew criss-cross by hand. I wonder why? The disc is sewn onto the red cloth at the edge. So it's nonsensical and therefore very strange. I certainly wouldn't want to have this piece in my collection.

Thanks gentlemen, it's in the trash/bin/garbage. appreciate it.