Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

banners HJ,SS

Article about: I would like to find out about the authenticity of the banners and whether they are worth something. A friend is selling collections after his deceased uncle

Default banners HJ,SS

I would like to find out about the authenticity of the banners and whether they are worth something. A friend is selling collections after his deceased uncle banners HJ,SSbanners HJ,SSbanners HJ,SSbanners HJ,SSbanners HJ,SSbanners HJ,SSbanners HJ,SSbanners HJ,SSbanners HJ,SSbanners HJ,SSbanners HJ,SSbanners HJ,SSbanners HJ,SSbanners HJ,SSbanners HJ,SSbanners HJ,SS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement banners HJ,SS
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Jasui,

These are not my area of expertise. Hopefully some members who can help will see and opine.

Understand that you are new to the forum so may not be aware yet, but typically we require only one item to be posted per thread. It is easier and cleaner.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Jasiu,

What can your friend tell you about his uncle? Any idea where he may have procured these trumpet banners? Just some observations or things that I would question or be cautious of these banners. Please don't take my word for it. I personally have a hard time telling from pictures and love to have these types of regalia in hand to look at fabric, aging and stitching before I would purchase or value them. We also on WRF are not appraisers or value assessors as that lies for the seller and buyer to work out.

- I have not seen the HJ trumpet banner ink marked before in my collecting travels other than an RZM Tag. Is there any copy or data on the patch in lower left corner?

- The HJ banner fringe tassels seem to be not as aged as the other portions of the banner. Not sure I feel good about the aging of rest of this banner being so uniform in its nature if that makes sense?

SS Banner & Other Banner: Not sure on either banner but they speak of a replica to me from the 1960s / 1970s but I cannot tell one way or another.

There are many members here who know far more than I on banners, so together we will see what the fellow peers think.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thank you very much for your opinion. a friend wants 200 euros apiece for a banner
    Last edited by jasiu1978; 11-24-2021 at 03:47 PM.

?

Quote by jasiu1978 View Post
    thank you very much for your opinion. A very significant friend for me wants 200 euros per art for banners
    I would do more research and get better pictures. Wait on others here to give some opinions. I am not a fan of these banners but again that is my opinion.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com