Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

DEUTSCHLAND ERWACHE Flag

Article about: Hi, we originally joined this forum for advice on this flag we have. We put a message up on the new members part of this site and someone kindly asked if we could post pictures up on here an

?

This exact same item is now for sale on Regimentals UK website for a stunning. 28,500 British Pounds.
    Absolutely ghastly - lovely British term there- that the new owner bought it on auction and immediately tries to resell it for profit via Regimentals.

Regimentals | Shop[81298]/0/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DEUTSCHLAND ERWACHE Flag
    P
    Many

To be fair I thought at £17000 it went pretty cheaply for what it is. Regimentals are known for buying cheap & selling high. Depends who's prepared to pay the inflated price. Certainly not me ,Merry Christmas Paul

Real shame it didn't get bought by a collector, rather than just someone out to 'make money'

Paul

I was also bidding for it online, but didn't go further than the final price. With commission, it will cost around £23,500 not including shipping and credit card fees. Now being sold for £28,500 for a quick profit (not me). Sorry state to see the hobby like this.

Mil

?

I can’t believe I apparently coming to Regimentals defence here – but that’s another story - and I normally don’t engage in this type of conversation, making money is a requirement for dealers to stay in business, we can all choose not to pay the prices and that will either force dealers to pay less or reduce their margin.

For this flag the seller got £17,000, the final selling price from the auction house was £23,500, there is investment on their part, but no risk, they were selling an original item almost guaranteed to go for multiple thousands.

Regimentals bought it for the highest bid, no dealers discount or taking advantage of the uninformed, £23,500 was the market value on that day. They can ask what they want, but their risk is that the market peaked at £23,500 and they may need to sit on it for some time before they get anything back on their investment or take a lower profit to move it on. I’m surprised, with their reputation, that they only listed it with £5000 mark up, but it’s all transparent when we know what was paid for it. You could also argue that a ‘lay away’ option or trade in through a dealer makes it more accessible to collectors that don’t have that sum of money immediately available.

Its reality that stuff that comes out of the woodwork and not into a collectors’ network will get to the market via a middle-man or two each talking their slice of the pie.

Apologies to future readers of the thread if it’s gone off at a tangent, and I won’t be offended if it gets deleted by a mod.

Steve

If you're a genuine collector of TR items....shouldn't you just need to buy/sell (at a reasonable price) own & enjoy an item ?
    Paul

What a fantastic and fascinating post. Really enjoyed reading all the responses from Adrian and Rakkasan. What a find by the family whose father owned it originally. Imagine the sheer joy in finding something like that, of such historical significance, absolutely amazing. Adrian Stevenson you are one lucky man to have been able to actually have hold of such an incredible item.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3