Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DJ or HJ flag? Help with

Article about: Hello all, I saw this flag online that I find interesting and was wondering if someone can tell me exactly what this is for and if it is original. It looks good to me but like to get other o

?

Default DJ or HJ flag? Help with

Hello all, I saw this flag online that I find interesting and was wondering if someone can tell me exactly what this is for and if it is original. It looks good to me but like to get other opinions. The size is 38 inches by 40, single sided,multi piece construction & owner says it is has two fabric loops for hanging. I believe I read somewhere that it may be a flag for the flemish devlag youth group but not sure. The owner usually has quality original items but I always like to check before spending good money on something i'm not too sure of
    thanks for any help or info
    Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DJ or HJ flag? Help with   DJ or HJ flag? Help with  

DJ or HJ flag? Help with  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DJ or HJ flag? Help with
    P
    Many

?

Hello again, just bringing this up again to see if anyone has any ideas or info regarding the originality of this piece, and exactly what group if original it was for
    thanks

Bill,

I will have to look into my flag references, but I am not familiar with this design..

Do you have any other information that you may be able to provide?

Smitty

?

Hello Smitty,
    Thanks for your reply. The only reference to a flag like this is from a WAF thread and OfW questioned the color on it. It seems that no definite information was available. As mentioned above if I read the thread correctlysomeone said it might be for a flemish youth group. I have attached the WAF link so I hope it is allowed. Thanks for any help. It looks like the flag has either been sold or just removed for sale. Thanks again. Here is the link: file: Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Bill

Bill,

Thanks for the info. I will see if I have any other information in my Foreign Legion and Foreign units that supported the TR..

Smitty

?

Thank you for that Smitty. It's a sharp looking flag but not one I would spend a lot of money on without being pretty sure it is original.
    Bill

I have not been able to find any information or images of this particular flag yet..

Smitty

?

Thanks again Smitty for all your help regarding this flag. It seems no one at this point has any information regarding this flag so although well made and striking it might very well be a fantasy item. Thanks again
    Bill

Flags like this are relatively easy to fake. You're sister's sowing class could whip one up. So there needs to be some provenance, marks that can be checked and analysis of materials and fabric. Without knowing any of that; it's anyone's guess if it's authentic.

?

Hello,
    thanks for your comment Anderson. That's why I inquired and would not buy a flag like this without some sort of provenance or at least having seen one like this before. Like most I don't like to buy an item and find out it's bogus.
    thanks again to all
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast