Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Hermann Göring Early “Commander-In-Chief”- vehcile pennant

Article about: Finally landed my Göring vehicle pennant, (I was paying it off), a fairly unique piece, it is the very first type of command pennant that Göring used, Annoyed from this ads?   here is t

Default Early Hermann Göring Early “Commander-In-Chief”- vehcile pennant

Finally landed my Göring vehicle pennant, (I was paying it off), a fairly unique piece, it is the very first type of command pennant that Göring used,
    here is the description that came with the pennant....

Bob

Extremely Rare Hermann Göring Early “Commander-In-Chief”- This pennant is one of only a very few known to exist. Introduced in April of 1935, this is the Command Flag of the Commander-in-Chief of the German Air Force (i.e. the Kommandoflagge des Befehlshabers der Deutschen Luftwaffe) and was one of the first flags designed to mark his new position in this capacity. This pennant is the “printed version”. It is pretty much a perfect square, measuring about 9.25” wide by 9.25” high, with the obverse depicting an early Reich’s eagle in black with a red tongue, beak, talons and white accents printed on a white field surrounded by laurel leaves, and flanked on each side by straight, stylized wings. At the base of the wreath is a representation of the Pour le mérite award, suspended from a black and white neck ribbon. The cross is printed in light grey ink, the eagles between the cross arms are in yellow. Projecting from the wreath out to each corner (widening as they go) are white rays bordered in black, with a static swastika at each corner (a pattern borrowed from that of a Unit standard). The field is red. The reverse is very similar, but within the central white circle is a mobile swastika (i.e. standing on its point) instead of the eagle and in place of the small static swastikas in each corner are small, early Reich’s eagles. There is some light soiling along the pennant edges, but overall it is in very good condition. The pennant is two-sided and fitted over a square metal pole frame (not visible) with a metal mounting clip loop extending from the top and bottom hoist corners (for mounting the pennant on a fender staff). The thick, transparent celluloid pennant cover is yellowed; it has fractured and broken somewhat, with a few small pieces missing and a few loose pieces (still present). The pennant itself is in excellent condition overall for such an extremely rare piece. A very collectible, mega rare item specifically attributable to the “father of the Luftwaffe”, der Dicke Hermann (Hermann the fatty).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Hermann Göring Early “Commander-In-Chief”- vehcile pennant   Early Hermann Göring Early “Commander-In-Chief”- vehcile pennant  

Early Hermann Göring Early “Commander-In-Chief”- vehcile pennant   Early Hermann Göring Early “Commander-In-Chief”- vehcile pennant  

Early Hermann Göring Early “Commander-In-Chief”- vehcile pennant   Early Hermann Göring Early “Commander-In-Chief”- vehcile pennant  

Early Hermann Göring Early “Commander-In-Chief”- vehcile pennant  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Hermann Göring Early “Commander-In-Chief”- vehcile pennant
    P
    Many

Never even seen one before!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Historic Piece Bob,
    Congratulations on such a fine pick up.
    All the best
    Doug

Hi Bob, I too have never seen one before, very unusual to see the black eagle with the swaz, and HG had anything printed, but I guess early days for the up and coming Reich Marshall. Very exciting
    Pendant. Congrats. I certainly would loved to have this.

Careful with that brittle celluloid Bob! !
    It would be a tragedy if it snapped.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

any photos of it in use Bob.never seen before.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    any photos of it in use Bob.never seen before.
    No mate, I have only ever seen illustrations of the early type, as he progressed in rank, his flags obviously got more elaborate.....

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Hermann Göring Early “Commander-In-Chief”- vehcile pennant   Early Hermann Göring Early “Commander-In-Chief”- vehcile pennant  

Here is a great print (period done) I have had of him from about the time of this pennant, which I have had framed up,
    so it fits in very nicely with the vehicle pennant....

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Hermann Göring Early “Commander-In-Chief”- vehcile pennant  

And the detail, I cropped the previous photo, please excuse the reflections from the glass....

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Hermann Göring Early “Commander-In-Chief”- vehcile pennant  

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Careful with that brittle celluloid Bob! !
    It would be a tragedy if it snapped.

Dan
    There were a couple of fragments loose when I got it, and the remainder is just 'hanging on', I am surprised that the remnants of the cover still exists in any capacity,
    it is certainly on its last legs, so yes I am very careful with it Dan.

Thanks

Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast