Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Early tri-color swastika pennant

Article about: Hello everyone, This tri-color pennant's caught my eye. The seller's not asking much for it which'd be understandable seeing as it's a fairly cheaply made cloth pennant but there's just some

?

Default Early tri-color swastika pennant

Hello everyone,

This tri-color pennant's caught my eye. The seller's not asking much for it which'd be understandable seeing as it's a fairly cheaply made cloth pennant but there's just something about the combination of the imperial German tri-color and the swastika-- I can't lay my finger on it but it's a somewhat stylistic choice, I suppose.

Do any of you have any thoughts on the items originality? It seems to me like something that wouldn't have been that widely produced. Does anyone have similair examples of this?

Please, let me know what you think!

Regards,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early tri-color swastika pennant
    P
    Many

?

I have seen pennants like this before using the tri color with the added swastika on them. Is the swastika printed on there or a separate piece?

It looks screen printed to my eyes, have seen these before. Usually during the transitional phase usually a early to late 30s piece (1933-35).

Better photos are needed but I would be quite confident in it.

Morris

?

I believe, like Morris says, printed. I'll contact the seller for some better images. Thank you-- both of you!

Regards,

?

Most of the one's I've seen have a separate swastika applied but I agree with Morris & still think it's an original piece