Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Flags Found in Attic

Article about: I found these two flags in the attic of an older gentleman that passed away. His family gave them to me. If anyone could identify and confirm that they are real or fake/reproductions I would

Default Flags Found in Attic

I found these two flags in the attic of an older gentleman that passed away. His family gave them to me. If anyone could identify and confirm that they are real or fake/reproductions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
    First Flag-Flags Found in AtticFlags Found in AtticFlags Found in AtticFlags Found in AtticFlags Found in AtticFlags Found in Attic
    Second FlagFlags Found in AtticFlags Found in AtticFlags Found in AtticFlags Found in Attic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flags Found in Attic
    P
    Many

Both flags are good original Pre-May 1945 flags. The first flag has all the proper identifiers (reinforcing tabs in the corners on the hoist end and the reinforced multiline stitching on the fly end). Sadly, the makers marks and dimensions are faded but this is a desirable size in Reichskriegsflagge (Battle flag) sizes.

The second flag is also a very nice Pre-May 1945 Reichskriegsflagge (Battle flag), and this one has markings for use by the Kriegsmarine (Navy). The size of this flag 85 x 50 indicates a vessel up to 500 tons in weight and could have been most likely seen on E-Boats (Patrol Boats) and U-Boats (Submarines). This is a very desirable size as well and is perfect for display.

Two very nice flags. You were very fortunate to obtain these

Smitty

Very nice originals, Regards Paul

Fantastic Ink-Stamping and in Great Shape! Congratulations!

Thank you for the replies. Smitty thank you for confirming the authenticity of theses flags .
    Last edited by Redlordamazon; 03-31-2024 at 12:48 AM.

?

I agree two original flags. Nice find.

Tim

Great find, great condition too.