Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hi, everyone- Newbie here wondering about a banner-

Article about: Hi, everyone- first time poster and very happy to find this forum. I am enclosing pictures- the only ones available- and am wondering about authenticity and age estimates, if possible. It's

Default Hi, everyone- Newbie here wondering about a banner-

Hi, everyone-
    first time poster and very happy to find this forum.
    I am enclosing pictures- the only ones available- and am wondering about authenticity and age estimates, if possible.
    It's near 2 feet by 4 feet, and 1 sided.
    I know there's some damage at the bottom, and I'm OK with that.
    I think I'm going to focus on the types of objects that everyday Germans would have come across during the Third Reich.

Anyone have an estimate as to how many authentic flags and banners are available in the open marketplace?
    10,000? 100,000? I'm very surprised at the variety and availability of authentic items, and prices seem very reasonable.

Many thanks again!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hi, everyone- Newbie here wondering about a banner-   Hi, everyone- Newbie here wondering about a banner-  

Hi, everyone- Newbie here wondering about a banner-   Hi, everyone- Newbie here wondering about a banner-  

Hi, everyone- Newbie here wondering about a banner-  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hi, everyone- Newbie here wondering about a banner-
    P
    Many

Hi, and welcome.
    The banner you show, I believe, started out as a vehicle ID marker of some sort. Then turned into more of a "banner". I also think the roundel has been messed with, repaired, resewn, or something of that nature.
    Remember, the swastika roundel on a red field was the national flag. Think of how many U.S. flags are around. And the TR was flag crazy. K

Thanks very much for your input, Kevin--- I guess I was thinking that very few authentic Third Reich flags actually survived, imagining that most were destroyed in Germany after the war.

Quote by Cartoonland View Post
    Thanks very much for your input, Kevin--- I guess I was thinking that very few authentic Third Reich flags actually survived, imagining that most were destroyed in Germany after the war.
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I would say that as many were taken as souvenirs as were destroyed. As Kevin said, the TR was flag crazy.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

As Kevin noted, flags, banners, pendants, etc. were mass produced. Yes, while many or most might have been destroyed, that still left a huge number left. That is why they are so common. But that said, they are still sought after and collectible. A must have for any collection.

If you have not yet bought it I would wait for an unmessed with item. Not hard to find. If you ever decide to sell it, it will be difficult. But if the price is right or if you already own it, it will display fine.

Kevin may also be correct in it being a vehicle ID flag but the one I have has grommets and is much larger. That said, it could be for a smaller vehicle. I think it is some type of banner that was displayed out of a window or from a podium.

Welcome to the forum.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks, rbminis!

Thanks, MAP!

It seems to have been put back together at some time. Specific rules were established for the national flag - color, swastika direction and size and orientation. Here the orientation is not correct. The Hakenkreuz would appear flat on the top rather than looking like it is rotating. I believe Hitler himself had some input on the flag design and contributed to the standardization. There may be some history on the web about it. I too would hold out for something better. NH

Yes - of course! You will find direct reference to the new national flag is addressed in Mein Kampf! NH

I'm not even sure that this Is an original flag. It almost appears to be a home made contraption using various parts. The roundel May have been removed by a GI and brought home and it was "restored" with red cloth and odd black ties by someone back home. I do know that I definitely would not have it my collection...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast