Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Youth Banner

Article about: Hi, I recently bought this flag and think I made a mistake as it looks too new. I have taken several pictures. It's actually two flags sewn together. I have taken pictures of the seam of the

Default Hitler Youth Banner

Hi,

I recently bought this flag and think I made a mistake as it looks too new. I have taken several pictures. It's actually two flags sewn together. I have taken pictures of the seam of the two flags sewn together. Your thoughts and opinions of its authenticity would be much appreciated. Some guys name is stamped on the tip of the flag. It measures 39" x 21".

TIA

Bill
    Hitler Youth BannerHitler Youth BannerHitler Youth BannerHitler Youth BannerHitler Youth BannerHitler Youth BannerHitler Youth BannerHitler Youth BannerHitler Youth Banner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Banner
    P
    Many

I like it ! Its certainly a quality made flag that looks period to me , I think Nathan H Kovler could be the flags liberator playing around with his John Ball printing kit post war! Wait for other opinions, Regards ,Paul

Thank you so much for your reply. Can I ask you something? Was it common to have two flags sewn together instead of just sewing/printing the symbols etc. on each side.

You cannot just sew on one side, as the stitches would show on the other side too. So embroidered flags are usually double sided.

Cheers,
    Steve

That makes sense but a lot of banners, flags are printed on each side. Perhaps those were done for quickness and cost. Do you have an opinion on its authenticity?

Cheers from across the pond.

Printing is not the same is stitching and the fact that the swastika of a battle flag or balcony flag would be reversed on the opposite side did not matter. But with banners their construction tended to be more elaborate. I do not collect nazi party flags or banners, but I have several early DDR banners which are double sided and constructed in the same fashion as your HJ flag. The embroidery on my banners uses exactly the same kind of stitching as yours, and I would hazard a guess that you little flag is a good one... the construction of the swastika is the same as other examples I have seen.

Cheers,
    Steve

Thank you sir

I should have also added that embroidered banners usually have slogans, place names, and/or numbers. So if the construction was only one-sided, the slogans, place names and numbers would show in reverse on the opposite side... and that would look plain stupid!

Cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 10-10-2020 at 10:36 AM.

JMM
    ?

I agree with paulscoot - a quality made flag that looks period (IMO)

?

No expert here but I like it & the chain stitching IMO is nice. I think it's original, nice looking piece

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast