Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Hood Cover + Podium Banner

Article about: Recently I found these two items which I thought looked a bit unique, the first appears to be a very nice example of a vehicle hood cover, unit marked. I have been able to find out very litt

DMas2001
    ?

Default Hood Cover + Podium Banner

Recently I found these two items which I thought looked a bit unique, the first appears to be a very nice example of a vehicle hood cover, unit marked. I have been able to find out very little about these through the internet and was wondering if you folks here might have some insight. The second item is what appears to be a podium hanger, but it looks a lot nicer than all of the other podium banners I have seen. Most of them are a white circle with the swaz in the middle on a red background with a white border and white frills on the bottom. This one has a gold swaz with gold oak leaves around it, a gold border and gold piping. Perhaps its just a more ornate version I thought it might have come from some place special like the Reich's Chancellery. Anyone have any ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hood Cover + Podium Banner   Hood Cover + Podium Banner  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Hood Cover + Podium Banner

2 very nice pieces, The Gold podium banner, my friend has one exactly the same, and as yet we have not been able to find out where it would have been used. They had another one, with a white boarder. They also display well

Two very nice items. I think you may be correct on the concept of a hood cover for the first flag. The second likely came from a local government, NSDAP or SA office. The quality of the hangings found in the Reichs Chancellery were all hand embroidered like military regimaental flags.
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 08-08-2009 at 12:43 AM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

DMas2001
    ?

How much did your friend pay for the podium hanger if you don't mind me asking? And does anyone have any idea of the value of the hood cover? From the little I've been able to find out about them they are pretty rare. Can anyone confirm?

Quote by DMas2001 View Post
    How much did your friend pay for the podium hanger if you don't mind me asking? And does anyone have any idea of the value of the hood cover? From the little I've been able to find out about them they are pretty rare. Can anyone confirm?
    Rarity and value do not always equate to valuable. Demand and desirability are what dictate value. Although an unusual item, I would doubt the hood cover would command much more than a flag of equivilant size. As NSKK items are not in high demand, the flag would likely sell before the hood cover. A specialized item for an advanced NSKK collector.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.