Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

how to get smell out of flag?

Article about: I would like some info on how to get that "old" smell out of a flag properly? You guys know that smell I am talking about. I personally don't mind it but now that I have hung the f

Default how to get smell out of flag?

I would like some info on how to get that "old" smell out of a flag properly? You guys know that smell I am talking about. I personally don't mind it but now that I have hung the flag up in my home office the smell fills the room & my lady is not impressed.

My other cloth items are in ryker cases so that smell doesn't permeate but that of course isn't an option with a sizable flag. I also don't want it wrapped in plastic. I want to keep this flag flying because I don't see the point of having a banner/flag if it's not hanging!

Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans by the way!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement how to get smell out of flag?
    P
    Many

Put it in a bag with some newspapers ..that kind of paper will absorb most of that smell. Depends how large the flag is.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Put it in a bag with some newspapers ..that kind of paper will absorb most of that smell. Depends how large the flag is.
    That's easy enough! The flag (well, banner) is 58x30 so not massive but not small either

You can also use some cedar wood chips in the bag with the flag and another method is to put dryer sheets in with the flag..

Airing the flag out in the fresh air is also an option, but I would do it in an area not in direct sunlight and for reasons of possibly offending someone in the neighborhood due to the symbol, I would place it in between a sheet or pillow case to get some fresh air..

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    You can also use some cedar wood chips in the bag with the flag and another method is to put dryer sheets in with the flag..

Airing the flag out in the fresh air is also an option, but I would do it in an area not in direct sunlight and for reasons of possibly offending someone in the neighborhood due to the symbol, I would place it in between a sheet or pillow case to get some fresh air..

Smitty
    Thanks Smitty! I don't have cedar chips on hand but I do have dryer sheets so I went ahead and put my flag in a bag with about a dozen or so dryer sheets. Hopefully in a few days my flag will be ready to hang again!

Just a thought ..would wetting it ( Not Soaking ) with cold water and then with a few dryer sheets toss it in the dryer for about 15 minutes..or is the flag too fragile ?

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Dryer sheet and AIR DRY ONLY setting on dryer NO HEAT!!! IF the flag is not FRAGILE. just a thought I have never tried it.

I just shot a text over to the biggest flag expert I know to get his opinion, hopefully he will chime in.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Dryer sheet and AIR DRY ONLY setting on dryer NO HEAT!!! IF the flag is not FRAGILE. just a thought I have never tried it.

I just shot a text over to the biggest flag expert I know to get his opinion, hopefully he will chime in.
    Marty
    Thanks Marty, looking forward to hearing his thoughts! My flag isn't fragile, the stitching looks nice and tight on the roundel + all and the fabric it's self is still very strong.

I would not recommend a dryer, natural methods only, airing, dryer sheets in a bag, aromatic cedar, etc.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Flag enclosed with boxes baking soda might work.

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast