Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identification of flag and enamel sign

Article about: Firstly,these items do not belong to me. I have offered to try and identify them so I can research a value and potential auctioneer to sell. These both belong to an old fella I bought some m

?

Default Identification of flag and enamel sign

Firstly,these items do not belong to me. I have offered to try and identify them so I can research a value and potential auctioneer to sell.

These both belong to an old fella I bought some militaria from. They came from house clearances a long time ago.

Sorry for the photos,best I could get in his man cave.

I have included the button stick for a size comparison for the enamel plate and therefore also the flag.

Any help greatly appreciated. Many thanks.Identification of flag and enamel signIdentification of flag and enamel signIdentification of flag and enamel sign

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identification of flag and enamel sign
    P
    Many

?

The sign is not a piece from the Third Reich era. The flag is probably on the same level.

Hummel

I agree. The sign is definitely not original. The flag would need better photos but looks like repro

?

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please give some pointers to tell? I'd like to feedback to the chap who has them. I will ask for better photos. Anything in particular to ask for?

Thanks again

Some close photos of the central part of the flag (is it sewn or printed) and the edges would help but I fear there is no room for illusions …
    The enamel sign is a typical repro from East of Europe. These bogus signs are floading the market.

?

The sign just is too rough and wavy and the mounting holes are too large. Is it vaulted or flat? Is the image smooth or raised? What does the reverse look like? Why would it just have this image with no information on it? Does the wear look natural or contrived, ie orange rust or chipping in an unnatural way. These are all questions you should ask when you are looking for a sign. I feel that “sign” was just created to rip someone off.

Hummel