Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine battleship flag Info Please

Article about: There is a local listing for a Kriegsmarine battleship flag. I do not like the markings too well and do not buy the story at all. It is interesting and may provide good conversation. I have

Default Kriegsmarine battleship flag Info Please

There is a local listing for a Kriegsmarine battleship flag. I do not like the markings too well and do not buy the story at all. It is interesting and may provide good conversation. I have no connection to sale. Just information.

Original WW2 German D Day war trophie Kriegsmarine battleship flag - collectibles - by owner - sale

John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine battleship flag  Info Please
    P
    Many

?

Good flag, terrible price. If $1500 is what he is looking to get for it.

Agree. Original flag...from what I have observed...the larger the flag (once it gets over a certain size) can be a liability as far as selling. The price should not be equated to the size. A desirable flag for display seems to be about 3'x5'. Those are the ones that bring "top dollar". Large ones...well what does a collector do with it, fold it up & put it in a drawer ? Not as much demand for them...so should be priced accordingly.

Hilarious, they mention D-Day five times in the ad. Not too subtle are they?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Hilarious, they mention D-Day five times in the ad. Not too subtle are they?
    I did not read the ad until your reply Jay. Wonder where on "D-Day" it was captured..being a KM marked flag. Guess it could have been flying on a building or mounted in a bunker. That statement ads nothing to the value...I would not consider that a form of provenance. But some might.

I certainly have my doubts David, however it is intriguing. I'd love to see the "capture papers".

Maybe it was captured from a "midget submarine" ?

Thanks for the replies and good conversation. It is outside of of my collecting genre. The flag is almost as big as the midget submarine.
    John

The suicide "volunteer" from the KM may have used it as a blanket in the midget sub. I read it was quite cold inside those coffins