Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Large NSDAP Banner .... with a little extra

Article about: I recently bought this banner off of Craigslist from someone who was selling their old things to save up for a laser level for small landscaping project. I haggled with him a bit and even le

Default Large NSDAP Banner .... with a little extra

I recently bought this banner off of Craigslist from someone who was selling their old things to save up for a laser level for small landscaping project. I haggled with him a bit and even let him shop it around a bit to show that my offer was fair. Eventually we came to an agreement. It just came in the mail today, and as I took it out and was looking it over I noticed some writing on it.

It turns out some of the soldiers had written their names and position on the banner. I did not know that there was this little extra and I don't think that the seller did either. This peaked my interest so I asked the seller if he could give me any extra info on the banner. He said that the only info he would give me is that it was his father's. He refuses to give anything like his name because he thinks that he sold the banner for too little and does not want anyone else making a profit off of it. . It frustrates me that he refuses to let someone take their time to document the history of the banner and the story of his father just because he fears someone might make an extra buck.

I have sent him an email asking him to rethink this and gave him my promise to keep the banner and any found research in my collection. Until then I will try to find out any info on the signers of the banner.

Banner Specs : 8'-6" long x 3'-8" wide. Diameter of the white circle is 39" . Three piece Construction

There is no moth holes at all and only a tear near the middle of the banner at the top.

Names on the banner:
    Company Commander: John C.(?) Corcoran
    E.X. Officer: John P. Page
    1st SGT.: Morgan G. Nanis
    Catholic Chaplain: Francis S. Mifcoric(?)
    Mess SGT: Browning

The last name of the seller was Windsor so I don't think any of the names above is his fathers.

Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large NSDAP Banner .... with a little extra   Large NSDAP Banner .... with a little extra  

Large NSDAP Banner .... with a little extra   Large NSDAP Banner .... with a little extra  

Large NSDAP Banner .... with a little extra   Large NSDAP Banner .... with a little extra  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large NSDAP Banner .... with a little extra
    P
    Many

Default Re: Large NSDAP Banner .... with a little extra

a nice original piece with a historical extra. It was not uncommon for a soldier to have his unit members sign his souvenir flag. When I started collecting, this was considered a negative as it altered the item. Today, these named flags are appreciated for their significance to the history of the piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Very nice flag. Hope you will find out with the story.

nice flag!

Thanks guys,

I think the little extras add so much to an item, it gives a personal touch to a banner that was mass produced.

Are there any suggestions where to start my research? This will be my first try with WWII veterans.

Thanks,

Alec